Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMore Drama/updates
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13298692&mesg_id=13429131
13429131, More Drama/updates
Posted by handle, Sun Apr-04-21 12:45 PM
>So the friend who I let stay with me is no longer part of any
>story.
>
>But my friend who the overdraft fees taken and needed to get a
>roomate has updates.
>
>So the friend who I let stay with me is no longer part of any
>story.
>
>But my friend who the overdraft fees taken and needed to get a
>roomate has updates.

So he got another roommate for 5 months.

Last night at 10pm he calls me - he's cursing out his roommate, out of breath and calling because they are "tussling." (Not sure how physical it got.)

He tells me his roommate is moving out without paying rent and becuase of that he's going to hold all of his shit until dude pays up. He says dude has a BUNCH of pot plants - way more than legal - and he's not paying rent so he's "not taking shit out the house!!!"

I tell him - you're right - dude owes rent - but you should let him take his shit and get out of the house as soon as possible so he doesn't beat you up like the last guy.

His roommate comes out of his room at this point and I hear him saying "Are you done yet?? " Like he's belittling my friend - and my friend is not taking it well.

He's out of control, calling the other dude a bitch and repeating "YOU OWE ME RENT YOU LITTLE BITCH!!!" Like repeating it A LOT.

He won't listen to a word I say. I hang up and start texting him "De-escalate this. Go some place safe."

About an hour later my friend texts me back . He says dude has been a great roommate to that point - by which he means the dude is barely there and they barely interact.

He says "Dude suddenly says 'I'm too loud, keeping him up all night and he doesn't trust me.'"

Now between you and me - my friend is home 24/7, sleeps during daylight hours and has a BIG stereo (my old stereo) and plays video games all night - so he's DEFINTELY keeping his roommate up.

I'm going to tell him he needs to seek the help of a professional - he's on SSI and maybe someone can help him - a social worker or a doctor.

My advice has always been "Get rid of a lot of your shit so the roommate feels they have some ownership of some of the space. Take an hour a day to clean up - because roommates will leave if the house is stinky. And get first + last rent because a lot of roommates will leave without notice - it's just going to be that way."

So my friend is destined to lose that house and all of his shit.

In better news I take him to get his second vaccine shot on Tuesday.