Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHopefully final update for now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13298692&mesg_id=13307966
13307966, Hopefully final update for now
Posted by handle, Fri Jan-18-19 04:41 PM
Friend 1:
He has started cleaning his place - the room is clean and needs some attention like getting a screen for a window and repair the ceiling fan (or replace it) - but definitely livable now.

He has cleaned the stove completely, but needs to do refrig and cabinets next. Hopefully he's doing that today/now.

He is continuing to clean the house, and will try to get his clutter hidden away - but at least its progress and someone moving in might think its messy but he can say "The ex-roommate left a lot of stuff and I'm cleaning it all out now.

How I left it:I gave, as a gift - no repayment expected, $300 dollars so he could use his $710 and pay the rent for January.

I then clearly stated "I will not provide any financial support going forward." He understands.

If he can get a roommate to move in he should be okay unless the landlord kicks them out because of the issues in the past. But I think a clean room and less messy house combined with the area he lives in - which is VERY hip now - it is the "hot" part of San Diego - 30th street in North park between University and El Cajon.

Also told Friend #2 he had until Feb 7th to find another place to stay - he gets put out even if he's on the streets. I'll likely LOAN him some money to help, he has paid money back in a timely fashion before.

So on Feb 8th everything will be back to normal - and I'm a lot less stressed now because I know I can control my part in it all now.