Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMore updates (more for my stress relief)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13298692&mesg_id=13307632
13307632, More updates (more for my stress relief)
Posted by handle, Thu Jan-17-19 02:15 PM
Friend got Dec 2018 SSI payment - the old bank got it, took the money he owed them out and friend is left with $710.

Friend also dog-sat for several weeks and made $600 dollars. He spent it ALL without paying any towards rent.

Friend's girls moved out - so he's trying (poorly) to rent the room.

Friend's landlord made a deal he had to just pay Jan 2019 rent in full - get a roommate that passes a credit check of just "no evictions" and keep current at the rent and start to pay back rent (unknown amount I assume it's at least $2700.)

So my friend's a FUCKING IDIOT and just assumed he'd be able to magically rent out the room - but i went over and the house is a fucking wreck. Filth all over the stove. Room being rented has no light and has crap in it so not move in ready - bathroom has 1 door blocked, common front room is dusty as shit, has tons of horder-LIGHT clutter and he didn't clean it at all. it sucks.

He had some people put in applications and pass the credit check-- and one said he was going to move in but he didn't. I suspect he got a place less filthy.

So Friend he's at least $250 short on rent - and the house is a mess.

I bought about $40 dollar worth of cleaning supplies/garbage bags and boxes and dropped them off last week- I don't know if he's used them at all.

Oh, and another Friend - Friend #2 also got evicted from his place and I've let him crash at my house for 4 weeks - give just him 3 weeks notice to leave even if he's on the streets.

Trying to work out a deal where I loan both some money - they live together and hopefully stay off the streets.

I think it will fail and they're both fucked - but it's causing me so much stress I can't enjoy life.

Plus i got my own shit going on.