Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectshe could be a potent weapon if she just polished up a bit.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13297461&mesg_id=13306088
13306088, she could be a potent weapon if she just polished up a bit.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Jan-11-19 09:40 AM
she has already shown a knack for effortlessly pushing policy discussions like the green new deal and a 70% marginal tax rate into the national conversation (something that democrats have struggled to do forever). so she can control media cycles and decide what they cover at her whim. thats a gift in this day and age. now she just has to perfect the framing of her argument once you have the ears/eyes. and more importantly...learn how to message as a part of a broader team/coalition (no successful politician is an island and repubs have mastered this).

i love her excitement and cheerfulness for her new role tho. it seems like public policy/advocacy is really her lifes passion. and we all know she is on the *morally* right side of the issues.

i just dont want washington to wear her down and burn her out. like i said up top...politics has a way of disposing of people like her. there have been young upstarts in the past who were just as idealistic/emphatic (but didnt have social media, etc). and they ended up eventually getting washed away because they failed to learn the terrain in dc and stake out a durable strategy.