Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBill Cosby Sentenced
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13288160
13288160, Bill Cosby Sentenced
Posted by Mafamaticks, Tue Sep-25-18 01:19 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/arts/television/bill-cosby-sentencing.html

Bill Cosby Sentenced to 3 to 10 Years in Prison

• Bill Cosby was given a three-to-10 year prison sentence on Tuesday for drugging and sexually assaulting a woman, Andrea Constand, at his home near here 14 years ago.

• Ten women who had accused Mr. Cosby of sexual abuse, including Ms. Constand, were in the courthouse to witness the sentencing.

• Prosecutors had asked that he be sentenced to the maximum: 10 years in prison.

• Before sentencing, Judge Steven T. O’Neill upheld a state board’s finding that Mr. Cosby is a sexually violent predator.

• The court released Ms. Constand’s full victim impact statement, in which she wrote: “Bill Cosby took my beautiful, healthy young spirit and crushed it.”

• Mr. Cosby declined an opportunity to address the court before his sentence was handed down.

A precipitous fall for ‘America’s Dad’
NORRISTOWN, Pa. — Bill Cosby was sentenced to three to 10 years in prison on Tuesday for drugging and sexually assaulting a woman at his home near here 14 years ago, completing the precipitous downfall to disgrace of a man from the heights of stardom and putting an exclamation mark on the first major conviction of the #MeToo era.

Mr. Cosby, 81, had been convicted in April of assaulting Andrea Constand, a Temple University employee at the time of the assault, who had looked upon him as a mentor but ended up being one of the dozens of women who have accused him of acts of predatory sexual abuse.

Nine of those women and Ms. Constand were in the Montgomery County Courthouse to witness the sentencing by Judge Steven T. O’Neill. Ms. Cosby’s wife, Camille, was not.

“It is time for justice, Mr. Cosby, this has all circled back to you,” Judge O’Neill said. “The day has come. The time has come.”

It was still unclear whether Mr. Cosby will go straight to prison or stay out on bail pending the expected appeal of his conviction. Prosecutors had asked for a maximum term of five to 10 years.

Mr. Cosby’s journey to prison was a long one. After his arrest in December 2015, his first trial in 2017 ended with a hung jury after six days of deliberations.

But at the retrial here in April, in the same courthouse and before the same judge, a jury convicted Mr. Cosby on only the second day of deliberations on three counts of aggravated indecent assault. One key difference in the trials: During the retrial, Judge O’Neill allowed five additional accusers to give their accounts of what they said was sexual abuse by Mr. Cosby. During the first trial, he had allowed only one additional accuser to join Ms. Constand in giving an account.

Mr. Cosby’s trial and conviction has played out at a time when the country is coming to terms with a culture of predatory sexual abuse by powerful men.

A large number of the women who accused Mr. Cosby of abusing them had expected a long prison sentence, one that offered a measure of comfort since their own claims were barred by the statute of limitations when they came forward in the past few years.

The defense said Mr. Cosby is no predator, but the judge disagreed
Judge O’Neill ruled earlier in the day that Mr. Cosby qualified as a “sexually violent predator” under Pennsylvania law.

His decision came after testimony by a psychologist for the defense, who said Mr. Cosby did not deserve that classification. The expert, Timothy Foley, said Mr. Cosby was no longer a threat to anyone and he contradicted a psychologist representing Pennsylvania’s Sexual Offenders Assessment Board who testified Monday, the first day of Mr. Cosby’s sentencing hearing. That psychologist had said Mr. Cosby had demonstrated a lifetime interest in sex with nonconsenting women, which indicated a mental abnormality.

The determination of whether a defendant is a sexually violent predator can be a factor in sentencing and in the conditions imposed both in prison and afterward.

“I found him to be extraordinarily low risk,” Dr. Foley said.

He came to his opinion, he said, after he met with Mr. Cosby for three hours on July 18 and also after reviewing some records. He said he had read none of the trial records or depositions in the case.

M. Stewart Ryan, a prosecutor, asked whether he was aware that Mr. Cosby had admitted to getting seven prescriptions of quaaludes to give to women for sex. Dr. Foley said he wasn’t.

Dr. Foley also said he didn’t know that five other women had testified at trial that they had been assaulted by Mr. Cosby.

Mr. Cosby’s lawyer, Joseph P. Green, argued Monday that Mr. Cosby’s age, 81, and the fact he is legally blind, meant he was no risk, especially since there have been no new allegations of sexual abuse leveled against him since 2004.

“How’s he going to meet these people?” Mr. Green said. “There is no reasonable prospect that an 81-year-old blind man is likely to reoffend.”

But the psychologist for the state panel, Kristen F. Dudley, said she did not believe the disorder had dissipated with age. “It is possible that he has already met someone who could be a future victim,” she said.

The final decision by Judge O’Neill upheld the board’s finding. He said the state had met “a clear and convincing standard.”

No final words from Mr. Cosby
Mr. Cosby was convicted in April of drugging and assaulting Ms. Constand, a former Temple University employee to whom he had been a mentor.

Ms. Constand spoke in court on Monday, along with her mother, father and sister. Ms. Constand told the judge: “The jury heard me, Mr. Cosby heard me and now all I am asking for is justice as the court sees fit.”

Andrea Constand, the victim of sexual assault by Mr. Cosby, said Monday she was asking for "justice as the court sees fit."
Photo by: Pool
But Mr. Cosby told the judge Tuesday through his lawyer that he did not intend to speak before sentencing.

Mr. Cosby has denied all the accusations against him and most experts had said they did not anticipate he would express remorse because his team has already announced plans to appeal his conviction.

He did answer a few procedural questions, and asked a question as prosecutors led him through a list of his duties now that he will be a registered sex offender for the rest of his life. “If I went from a city to another city do I have to, even if it’s just overnight, I have to get in touch with the state police?” Mr. Cosby said. Mr. Ryan, the prosecutor, said he should consult his lawyer.

Nine women who have accused Mr. Cosby of similar acts of sexual abuse were in the courtroom Tuesday to watch the sentencing, including three who testified at the trial in April.

But Mrs. Cosby was not there.

Members of the media await the sentencing of Mr. Cosby outside the courtroom on Tuesday.
Photo by: Pool Mark Makela
Mr. Cosby had originally faced a maximum 30-year prison term: 10 years for each of three counts of aggravated indecent assault he was convicted of.

But Judge O’Neill chose on Monday to merge the counts into one, as is allowed when they stem from the same event. In this case, they originated with an encounter in January 2004 when, Ms. Constand said, Mr. Cosby sexually assaulted her after giving her pills that made her drift in and out of consciousness.

Judge O’Neill had to consider state guidelines that recommend, but do not mandate, appropriate sentence ranges. Those guidelines, which take into account any previous criminal record (Mr. Cosby has none), the seriousness of the offense, and mitigating and aggravating factors, suggest a range of about 10 months to four years, but Judge O’Neill had great leeway, and prosecutors on Monday asked him to sentence Mr. Cosby to a maximum five-to-10-year term.

Kevin R. Steele, the Montgomery County District Attorney, said Monday that the judge should use the sentencing to send a wider message.

“The bottom line, your honor, is nobody’s above the law,” said Mr. Steele. “Others in a similar situation need to understand that.”

Mr. Cosby’s lawyer, Mr. Green, argued Tuesday for house arrest, suggesting that prison would be too harsh a sentence for a “blind octogenarian first offender.”

13288164, He's a pioneer
Posted by Cam, Tue Sep-25-18 01:25 PM
Being the first celeb to get sentenced to actual prison for perpetrated sex crimes...black or white.
I'll rejoice once Weinstein n'em start getting locked up too.
Anyway...https://www.instagram.com/p/BiGGRF3AleD/?taken-by=calmcoolcam
13288165, MIke Tyson and Pac did it first.
Posted by Teknontheou, Tue Sep-25-18 01:29 PM
13288166, How'd I forget that.
Posted by Cam, Tue Sep-25-18 01:33 PM
13288224, Man do yall take any history classes?!!?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Sep-25-18 03:13 PM
Never mind Chuck Berry, how yall forget Jack Johnson?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13288230, I left Jack Johnson out because his charge was unjust.
Posted by Teknontheou, Tue Sep-25-18 03:37 PM
13288281, m'saying. I read that like...wow. wow. wow.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-26-18 12:55 AM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13288483, I don't believe you
Posted by Cam, Wed Sep-26-18 03:15 PM
My comment was clearly related to our current 'me too' era and the hammer not--& likely never--falling upon white perpetrators similarly.

Highlighting other Black celebs sentenced to jail over alleged sex crimes in response is fine, but this dismissive feigned flabbergasted outrage and 'wow wow wow' is some fresh bullshit.

13289079, "me too era" what the fuck is that you dumb fuck?
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-28-18 09:30 PM
that phrase was not well known until a year or so ago.

That's not an era you worthless shitnozzle of a person.

Bill Cosby was accused of rape publicly by a named victim nearly 20 years agoand wasconvicted after the charges came back up like five years ago.

but you want to talk about an era you fucking squizzling pimple of a shit-flavored bag of pus.

13289452, Ha
Posted by Cam, Tue Oct-02-18 09:13 AM
Okay
13288225, Man do yall take any history classes?!!?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Sep-25-18 03:13 PM
Never mind Chuck Berry, how yall forget Jack Johnson?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

13288282, darren sharper is rolling over in his jail bunk.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-26-18 12:55 AM

13288167, And if he would've died at 75, he would've got away with everything.
Posted by Marauder21, Tue Sep-25-18 01:35 PM
13288170, And it was one joke that got the ball rolling
Posted by Mafamaticks, Tue Sep-25-18 01:44 PM
13288177, need to hear Hannibal's take on all of this
Posted by j., Tue Sep-25-18 01:55 PM
one throw away line destroyed a decades-long career
13288179, He's got to feel like either a chump or a hero.
Posted by Case_One, Tue Sep-25-18 01:57 PM

Current Favorite Song: https://youtu.be/8v_KFHnPImY

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins
13288182, yeah, that's what did it...
Posted by KiloMcG, Tue Sep-25-18 02:04 PM
>one throw away line destroyed a decades-long career
13288196, He had been getting away with Quaaluding them up since the 70's
Posted by j., Tue Sep-25-18 02:28 PM
it wasn't until the leaked video went viral that he had to face the music

Now, if Hannibal never said that, would we be here?
13288311, Cosby destroyed his own career
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Wed Sep-26-18 09:04 AM
13288210, LOL
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Sep-25-18 02:42 PM
13288211, ^^^
Posted by shamus, Tue Sep-25-18 02:43 PM
I mean, seriously...
13288184, It was all largely out in the open. Alot of it had already been reported
Posted by Teknontheou, Tue Sep-25-18 02:06 PM
on, which was Hannibal's point. It was a weird sort of open secret.

If I were him I'd be sleeping like a baby.
13288188, A leaked throwaway line.
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Sep-25-18 02:12 PM
The joke was leaked from cell phone recorded video of a special Burress did, not a televised national special.

And if I'm not mistaken, the Cosby assaults were in the news about 5-10 years before Burress' set; I think the difference this time was folks circulating it via social media.
13288199, yeah i thought everybody knew
Posted by hardware, Tue Sep-25-18 02:34 PM
my parents didnt fuck with Cosby
13288208, I think that's what Hannibal said
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Sep-25-18 02:40 PM
when he tried to explain why he felt comfortable making the joke in the leaked clip if memory serves me right.

Pretty wild how powerful social media is in terms of kicking that story up. I'm pretty sure I remember major news channels mentioning the allegations several years ago and nothing happened as result.
13288280, it's bizarre in how it got memory holed
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-26-18 12:54 AM
people have to remember he was trying to come back in 2015, with deals with nbc and netflix.

I told my wife about hannibal's joke and had to explain the whole thing to her because she said she'd never heard about it at all.

13288305, I remember reading on OKP about the case he settled with one woman
Posted by Mafamaticks, Wed Sep-26-18 08:33 AM
this was like a year or so before the joke
13288222, Actually it was Woody Allen
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-25-18 03:05 PM
Pretty sure another story was released on Woody Allen and someone like Gawker did a What about Bill Cosby?”

13288180, He's going to die in prison.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Sep-25-18 01:57 PM
There's no way someone in his condition, with as much privilege has he's had for the last 50 years, lasts very long.

What a fucking wild end to his story.
13288186, He'll be out in 3 years. It's not like he'll be with Chris and Wee-bay
Posted by Teknontheou, Tue Sep-25-18 02:07 PM
on the Yard.

13288223, He'll be 84 years old by then
Posted by Marauder21, Tue Sep-25-18 03:10 PM
It's not crazy to assume someone going through their 82nd and 83rd years of life in prison might not survive, regardless of who they're in with.
13288264, Yeah, I'm not saying he's going to be murdered in prison.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Sep-25-18 07:16 PM
But thanks for your hot take.
13288191, nigga got zillions..he shoulda bought an island and bounced
Posted by LAbeathustla, Tue Sep-25-18 02:15 PM
months ago
13288198, Word to Uncle Rush
Posted by j., Tue Sep-25-18 02:31 PM
dude saw the writing on the wall (black man + money + shady behavior going back decades catching up to the social media hashtag era)
Out there in Bali in the lotus position on some Eat Pray Love steez
13288201, zactly
Posted by LAbeathustla, Tue Sep-25-18 02:35 PM
13288202, The Black Roman Polanski?
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Sep-25-18 02:37 PM
13288206, Lmao!! Trump could pardon Bill...predators of a feather.....
Posted by LAbeathustla, Tue Sep-25-18 02:39 PM
13288209, State Charges, not Federal
Posted by Cam, Tue Sep-25-18 02:42 PM
He'd need a Tom Wolf pardon.
13288216, "The crime was too tragic, he couldn't make bail" (c) MC Ren
Posted by Teknontheou, Tue Sep-25-18 02:50 PM
I just saw that the judge said "nah, plair (c) Geah, you're going in tonight".
13288218, Sad day for all involved...
Posted by Creole, Tue Sep-25-18 02:53 PM
The women were well within their right to voice their story.
Mr. Cosby has to face the consequences of his alleged and real actions.

Why did the judge allow for more unsubstantiated accounts to be told and taken into consideration this go round? Only one the first time but five this time. That had to have had some adverse impact to his defense.

And the women... It's sad what they have had to live through and will continue to have to live through.

13288253, His biggest mistake? Dealing with White women.
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Tue Sep-25-18 06:13 PM
13288255, nah.
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Sep-25-18 06:19 PM
his biggest 'mistake' was being a predator.
13288258, I mean....
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Tue Sep-25-18 06:28 PM
Rape = "dealing with" now?

Fucking disgusting...
13288261, A key legal step to Cosby's conviction was his own decision to *sue his accusers* for defamation -- which backfired by unleashing new civil evidence against him that supported criminal prosecution.
Posted by j0510, Tue Sep-25-18 06:48 PM
A key legal step to Cosby's conviction was his own decision to *sue his accusers* for defamation -- which backfired by unleashing new civil evidence against him that supported criminal prosecution.

https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/1044664095004397569
13288262, All that drugging and raping was pretty bad.
Posted by squeeg, Tue Sep-25-18 06:54 PM

13288269, lmfao nah breh
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Sep-25-18 08:50 PM
13288270, Yeah, rape black women only
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Sep-25-18 08:59 PM
13289100, That's not what he said, and I'm sure it's not what he meant
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Sep-29-18 10:17 AM
13288284, You're a fucking asshole. No wonder all the women left this site
Posted by mellowboogie, Wed Sep-26-18 05:05 AM
13288322, that's an interesting take
Posted by makaveli, Wed Sep-26-18 09:49 AM
13288480, I get that you mean he would've got away with it if they were black
Posted by atruhead, Wed Sep-26-18 03:09 PM
but yeah he was reprehensible either way
13289098, Perhaps he means he wouldn't be falsely accused if they were black
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Sep-29-18 10:12 AM
13288265, I still don't think he raped those women
Posted by Musa, Tue Sep-25-18 07:27 PM
but the fact that this case with little to NO EVIDENCE provides precedent for future cases is not good for a legal system which has always targeted and unjustly locked up Black men and called them rapist.

Also everything about this trial was off and said railroad.

But we ignore those things and scream rapist like you were there and knew all the details.

Also this makes a RICH BLACK MAN the face of rapist in hollywood.

BIRTH OF A NATION all over again.

13288274, This the hill you wanna die on?
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Sep-25-18 09:20 PM
13288437, Lol y'all really scared to think for yourself
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:11 PM
?
13288444, Yes.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Wed Sep-26-18 01:17 PM
You totally pegged us. Can't get nothing over on you.
13288458, I dont claim to have most of the facts
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:31 PM
but the case was pretty much kangaroo court.
13288472, Very hot take.
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Sep-26-18 02:28 PM
Enjoy supporting a rapist.
13288496, Oh the moral indignation
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 03:50 PM
Are you even Black

Because if not I can tell you about a nation that loves rapist.. Love em so much they are on ya coveted currency.

The current PUSSY GRABBER of a President I'm sure is not only a rapist but pedophile.

Moral condemnation lol
13288283, if you've ever admitted giving women drugs to have sex with them
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-26-18 12:56 AM
on tape.

and 60 women say you raped them

then yeah, you gotta be really worried about the precedent set here.

13288439, You didn't read the excerpts from the deposition
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:12 PM
did you?
13288285, Are you fucking kidding? This is who you want to represent black
Posted by mellowboogie, Wed Sep-26-18 05:07 AM
men?! He admitted on tape to drugging women. So what did he do after? Use them as a fucking pillow?

There are so many other good men out there and you want to defend this fucking creep?
13288441, Get out your emotions for second
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:15 PM
and think. I have no emotional attachment to this issue and really did you read the testimony and parts of deposition exposed?

Does this country not have a precedent of lying on Black men for rape cases.

13288482, there's absolutely no precedent for 60 women lying on 1 guy
Posted by atruhead, Wed Sep-26-18 03:12 PM

>Does this country not have a precedent of lying on Black men
>for rape cases.
>
>
13288491, Technically sure yet entire neighborhoods municipalities
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 03:38 PM
and local jurisdictions have

And several of the cases were dismissed.

Beverly Johnson......
13288497, I cant tell if you're dumb or trolling, so Im out
Posted by atruhead, Wed Sep-26-18 03:56 PM
13288301, I suppose Darren Sharper was innocent too....
Posted by blueeclipse, Wed Sep-26-18 08:10 AM
GTFOH man. I hope your Mom didn't know Cosby. You might feel a little different if he got at someone you know. This ain't the dude to lead your crusade.
13288443, So emotional whyyyy?
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:17 PM
What does darren sharper a guy who had clear PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of rape have to do with this case?
13288302, Good posting, guy!
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Sep-26-18 08:23 AM
13288446, Thanks I tend to send folks in a frenzy.
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:17 PM
13288451, Imagine caping for a serial rapist because of a childhood love of
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Sep-26-18 01:23 PM
pudding pops.

Could NOT be me.
13288455, Why are you projecting that lame excuse on me
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:27 PM
I ain't watched the cosby show in years and honestly it was never my favorite show neither was a different world. I was more of a cartoon guy and by my childhood years fat albert was old so that aint it. I'm looking at a shoddy legal proceeding.
13288459, Of course you are
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Sep-26-18 01:31 PM
>I'm looking at a shoddy legal proceeding.

You really shouldn't be wasting your time online when fellow Hero of Men Brett Kavanaugh could use your legal expertise!
13288461, I got time to waste today.
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:35 PM
And nobody is coming with facts just emotionalism and weak attempts of tryna shame. I have no attachment to this issue but looking at it from a historical perspective and logical one the case was pretty much decided with public opinion.

Nobody is coming with facts just speculation and I know y'all aint read what was taken from the testimony or deposition.
13288464, "Nobody is coming with facts" says the dude who spent the last 3 years
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Sep-26-18 01:42 PM
ignoring everything that's gone on with this case.

You're not the first weirdo celebrity/rape apologist on the internet. You won't be the last. If there's nothing that can convince you Cosby's not the innocent hero you want so badly want him to be, you won't BE convinced. Any actual attempt at engaging with your obvious bad faith argument is only going to frustrate the person naive enough to think you "just want to see the evidence."

This is 101 level trolling, be better (or don't.)
13288468, Look at you unravelling by the post
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 02:01 PM
I'll be all of that but you still throwing insults on the internet with no FAXX! AS NEW YORKERS LIKE TO SAY.

I didn't pay any attention to this case until recently and I actually read as much as I could of the deposition which from my understanding came from the civil case that were unlawfully unsealed.

I'm too smart to be a troll so nope I just don't do group think especially via US media that has an angle that is very troubling to say the least. Keep giving out jnsults though. I don't see any facts still. I wonder what the appeal will be like?
13288478, Here it is
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Sep-26-18 02:50 PM
>I didn't pay any attention to this case until recently

I'm anxiously awaiting your defense of Harvey Weinstein in 2020.
13288489, So reading comprehension isn't a strength of yours
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 03:29 PM
Is it?

Maybe that's why you didn't read the deposition.(parts that were exposed)
13288492, You already said earlier that you're cool with drugging women
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Sep-26-18 03:40 PM
to have sex with them "willingly."

Like I said, there's nothing that can "convince" you, because your apparently sincere beliefs are just bad faith arguments that you can find on any garden variety MRA board.

The only question is why. You say it's not because of the lone tear that wells up when you remember those pudding pops from your childhood, so is it just Cosby? Is it just famous men in general? Rape in general?

But it doesn't really matter why you decided to ignore a huge news story until the very end stages so you could go online and be loud and wrong about it. It's just a reflection of you being gross.

Go play with someone else now (or don't, since you're letting us all know what you think about other people's consent.)
13288495, Now you acting like yt folks putting words in my mouth.
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 03:45 PM
I stick to the facts.

Did he say he slipped drugs in their drinks unknowingly or did he give them drugs to take?

Do people use drugs recreationally especially before sex?

Did these women know what they were taking

What are disco biscuits?

Did this case even involve the issue of disco biscuits?
13289101, He IS white.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Sep-29-18 10:21 AM
13289104, I figured that but a lot of
Posted by Musa, Sat Sep-29-18 11:18 AM
Negros on this board are pretty much dark skin yt folks so I didn't post with assumption.
13288307, Even if 87% of them are lying...
Posted by Monkey Genius, Wed Sep-26-18 08:54 AM
...that nigga was still raping, though.
13288447, And you base this on what FACTUAL EVIDENCE
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:18 PM
?
13288309, Cause he made the Cosby show?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Sep-26-18 09:02 AM

13288448, STAPH
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:19 PM
I don't care about his celebrity or no damn TV shows.
13288336, Waiting to hear how 60+ women all got the same story
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Wed Sep-26-18 10:13 AM
over 40+ years.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.
13288449, Rosewood, Tulsa, Wilmington,
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:20 PM
13288465, Not even close to being the same.
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Wed Sep-26-18 01:49 PM
Now you're just being intellectually lazy and disingenuous.

And if he was being set up, why 60 women?

One would have done. Two or three even. 60? 60 women of different ages, from different parts of the country, over 4 decades got the same story?

And who coordinated that? For what reason? For what benefit?

It's documented that he's been paying women off since the 80's.

This is just willful ignorance and being obtuse.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.
13288470, 60 women is lazy
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 02:04 PM
That's like saying everyone is saying it so it must be true.

No physical evidence

No police reports

A few civil cases settled

And the one he gets caught up on she kept in FREQUENT contact with him after the fact?

Forgot to add got caught in a few lies on the stand and can't remember the exact date she was violated?

Oh and the racial element yt folks like yourself like to dance around cannot be ignored.

Something doesn't smell right and the case was kangaroo court.
13288475, Let's follow your logic...let's say what u typed is true
Posted by ambient1, Wed Sep-26-18 02:34 PM
Now what?

you holding candle light vigils for the nigga?
creating an altar?
putting money on his books?
coordinating a care package?

or just contrarian typin just to be typin?

what's the next move...what's the play
13288476, You heard the man! Bill Cosby is a saint!
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Sep-26-18 02:40 PM
He's being persecuted like Jesus!

NO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE!
NO COLLUSION!
WITCH HUNT!!!
13288500, Then the appeal process should
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 04:12 PM
go much better than the case.

As stated y'all so emotional. I have no attachment to this issue but I do KNOW WITH FACTS THAT THE US LEGAL SYSTEM HAS REPEATEDLY LIED ON THE PENIS OF BLACK MEN.

I dont know if Cosby is guilt or innocent but it seems like a lot of yall know more than me and half of y'all ain't read nothing pertaining to the case or the deposition from the civil case.
13288861, I just asked a question chief...no emotions on my part
Posted by ambient1, Fri Sep-28-18 10:45 AM
13289070, I'm not contrarian
Posted by Musa, Fri Sep-28-18 07:09 PM
but I peep game

Cosby is the face of rapist in hollywood and males in position of power.

That is a slick play.

Secondly Cosby legal team decides what is next I just say this entire situation does not line up at all with how people are quick to scream rapist.

My guess is as good as yours but I know civil cases are next and they are pretty much gonna take Cosby of all he is worth.
13288431, Testimony is evidence.
Posted by Tw3nty, Wed Sep-26-18 12:51 PM
13288450, Oh like when she didn't know the year she got raped
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:22 PM
and changed the date multiple times?

Her testimony had several holes in it.
13288463, He said under deposition he drugged women
Posted by Tw3nty, Wed Sep-26-18 01:41 PM
is that not credible?
13288486, Tell the entire quote else
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 03:23 PM
You tellin half the truth which means you are lying?

He said he gave women drugs to have sex _______?

Keyword rhymes with illingly
13288435, what are some words you dont want to hear
Posted by bentagain, Wed Sep-26-18 12:59 PM
13288452, When lazy rap artist objectify
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:23 PM
women by continually saying she.

13288481, my guy is determined to be stupid
Posted by atruhead, Wed Sep-26-18 03:10 PM
either because he's from Philly
or he had no father and thinks Cliff Huxtable was his dad
13288485, More insults and no FACTS
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 03:19 PM
you should be timberland boots deep wit facts my guy.
13288276, the most prolific serial rapist in history
Posted by kingjerm78, Tue Sep-25-18 09:25 PM
what a dirtbag
13288453, Really look on your dollar bill.
Posted by Musa, Wed Sep-26-18 01:25 PM
13289099, Lol
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Sep-29-18 10:15 AM
13288313, Wait, his spokesman brought up Brett Kavanaugh
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Sep-26-18 09:08 AM
as a fellow victim of the "anti-male sex war?"

https://splinternews.com/bill-cosbys-spokesman-favorably-compares-him-to-brett-k-1829309802

Yeah, this is definitely who I want to spend my 2018 defending.
13288421, LOL!!!
Posted by IsaIsaIsa, Wed Sep-26-18 12:26 PM

www.Tupreme.com
13288522, How are you THAT bad at your job!?!??!
Posted by Adwhizz, Wed Sep-26-18 07:48 PM
I'm stunned
13288988, that's incredible minstrelsy.
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Sep-28-18 01:53 PM
13288420, Why he wasn't in Bali, Indonesia 30 months ago boggles my mind,
Posted by IsaIsaIsa, Wed Sep-26-18 12:25 PM
he must be stubborn AF.

Camille a BILLIONAIRE now.

www.Tupreme.com
13288438, Because he is a narcissist and felt untouchable
Posted by rdhull, Wed Sep-26-18 01:11 PM
>he must be stubborn AF.
>
>Camille a BILLIONAIRE now.
>
>
>>www.Tupreme.com
13288442, 1000%
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Wed Sep-26-18 01:16 PM
13288454, Orenthal James, the freedom fighter.
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Sep-26-18 01:27 PM
link: https://popculture.com/celebrity/2018/09/26/oj-simpson-bill-cosby-will-be-attacked-in-prison/

swipe:

O.J. Simpson Concerned Bill Cosby Will Be Attacked in Prison, Calls for House Arrest

By Michael Hein - September 26, 2018

O.J. Simpson is concerned about Bill Cosby in prison, saying that the judge should have let him go on house arrest instead.

Simpson spoke with a reporter for TMZ, who caught up with him near a golf course on Wednesday. Simpson said that Cosby's safety will be at serious risk behind bars, pointing out that the comedian's age and apparent frailty will make it a hard lifestyle adjustment for him. He also feels that the highly publicized nature of Cosby's crimes and allegations will make him an easy target for other prisoners.

"I'm sure that the guys will protect him, but they're going to have to put him in protective custody," Simpson told the lone cameraman. "Because it takes one nut, you know? The problem is the nature of the crime, because rape is frowned upon in prison, you know?"

Simpson speculated that Cosby's prison would have just as much trouble adjusting to him as he will have adjusting to his sentence.

"With his health and his age, and the nature of the crime, there is not a warden in this country that wants the responsibility of having Bill Cosby," he said. "I think they they should have let him do his time under house arrest."

Simpson admitted right off the bat that he was not up to date on the latest developments in Cosby's case, however. He did not seem to know that Cosby's sentencing had already gone through, prefacing his speculations with "if he goes to prison."

"I don't know anything about the case, I didn't follow it, but I always feel you've got to honor the jury's verdict. Whatever it is," he said.

Simpson himself spent nine years in prison out in Nevada, after being convicted of kidnapping and armed robbery. He was released on Oct. 1, 2017, meaning the one year anniversary of his freedom is less than a week away.

Cosby, meanwhile, is on his way to a Pennsylvania state prison to begin his sentence. A judge ordered Cosby locked up for 3 to 10 years after he was convicted of three counts of sexual assault. Prison officials assured TMZ that Cosby will be safe while incarcerated.

"We are taking all of the necessary precautions to ensure Mr. Cosby's safety and general welfare in our institution," a spokesperson said.

Cosby is reportedly staying in a cell by himself, right beside the prison's infirmary. He is in maximum security, though he will be granted phone calls and visitation rights according to prison policy.
13289311, he makes some valid points
Posted by infin8, Mon Oct-01-18 10:56 AM
13288860, Is it necessary to put him in maximum security?
Posted by j., Fri Sep-28-18 10:40 AM
80 year old half blind multimillionaire celebrity in max?

"The long-term goal is for him to be placed in the general population"

Yeah his days are numbered in low digits (c)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/25/us/cosby-prison-sci-phoenix/index.html

13288967, don't believe the woman that accused Kavanaugh
Posted by EAS, Fri Sep-28-18 01:15 PM
it happened many years ago. People were on drugs while having sex back then, plus boys will be boys. Plus, why did she wait all of those years if anything did happen? Where are the facts? It is all hearsay.

But DO believe the women who accused Cosby. Let Cosby rot and die in jail and let him, as well as people who look like him, be the face of rape. When people think of rape, a famous Black face will be synonymous with that word.

White supremacy is fantastic.

The original 'Birth of a Nation' had it right. Blacks are out hear raping and we need the Klan to come in and save the day. This is what it boils down to.

45, a supreme court justice, and countless others out here chillin'. I can't truly get behind feminism until it is just more than Black faces that get punished. White dudes get slaps on the wrist. Feminists have roots in white supremacy; sometimes they may use Black women to advance their own agenda. The same way Fox news use Larry Elders, Jason Whitlock, Candace Owens,etc. to push their own agenda.

We need more White offenders in jail and/or severely punished.
13289080, imagine being the shitbrick
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-28-18 09:31 PM
that thinks "feminism" is the divider between whether cosby goes to jail or kavanaugh is nominated.

13289085, imagine the shitbrick that don't know the word 'hypocrisy'
Posted by EAS, Sat Sep-29-18 12:21 AM
and that that's what is being pointed out in the post.
13289087, imagine being a liar and a loser
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Sep-29-18 01:56 AM
who makes up hypocrisy where it doesn't exist because they just hate women that much.

13289121, Can't see hypocrisy not knowing what the word means
Posted by EAS, Sat Sep-29-18 01:17 PM
prime example. you. reading is fundamental.
13289493, I don't think the women you're referring to here identify as feminists
Posted by Mafamaticks, Tue Oct-02-18 11:13 AM
13290880, Judge Joe Brown gives some interesting legal insight
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Oct-10-18 07:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blKEONdVnJI

Something that stood out for me:

Bill of Rights says a defendant shall not be required to give evidence against himself
In a civil matter the defendant can be called as a witness against himself
But you can't when there are multiple pending cases, one civil and one criminal
You have to hold the civil in abatement (I believe this is the word he uses there)
The DA's office acting through an individual says "we do not intend to prosecute"
at that point Mr Cosby is instructed to answer the depositions in which he makes certain admissions
She then got civil damages and an agreement of confidentiality.
She breached the agreement, and should be approached on behalf of Mr Cosby about repaying the money she received, as she breached the contract.
New DA running says "forget what my predecessor says, we're gonna prosecute. and now there's this incriminating statement against interest that Mr Cosby made in the civil matter, so we're gonna use it against him."
You can't do that, because it's not the DA, it's the DA'S OFFICE and the person is acting through it, so once they have granted immunity to something, a person can't use it, as it was deemed improper to seek.
All of this is on top of the pill being Benadryl and her coming back 19 times and calling him multiple times on Valentine's day.

But hey, I'm sure most of yall will dismiss this as everybody trying to be a lawyer,
even tho he's both a judge and began as a lawyer, because yall want to maintain that some kind of justice was served in this farce of a trial.

Also, the host asks about Carolyn Bryant Donham
She's 84, so she's 3 yrs older than Bill Cosby
No statute of limitations on the crime of murder in the state of Mississippi
So why doesn't someone indict and prosecute her?
She is the inducement to the 1st degree murder of Emmett Till
Her husband and another party were acquitted, but that doesn't mean the acquital applies to her
So if she instigated it and knew about it and concealed her involvement, she is at least an accessory to murder

13290937, Insightful
Posted by Cam, Wed Oct-10-18 11:19 AM
Perhaps this will be the basis of his appeal.
I'm not upset that he's currently behind bars, but I personally don't think he deserves to die there.
13290955, wow.
Posted by infin8, Wed Oct-10-18 11:45 AM
I'm not dismissive of any of it.

I don't think everything is knowable. I think Bill did do SOMETHING (because no human being is perfect) and 3 years isn't a lot of time. He could've served them three years from age 27-30 and redeemed himself with the Universe or whomever his higher power is. He chose his path and this is what it is.

I'll never dismiss Joe Brown's straightforward speech and old-school wisdom, and I respect the path. Just cause he had a sensationalized TV show don't make his shit not #facts

And I wholeheartedly agree about that bxtch. my conditioning won't allow me to be surprised that justice isn't being served.

I'm flabbergasted that even sometimes our so-called allies can't just accept the fact that this whole set-up has always been unfavorable; they don't understand the difference btw equality and equity, and they clutching their social purses.

but hey...go off.
13436836, and he was right
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-07-21 11:57 AM
13436848, I get it
Posted by handle, Wed Jul-07-21 07:29 PM
You and Judge Joe Brown have the same outlook on most issues.

Here's JJB talking about it, I do believe you have the exact same outlook on this issue:

https://floridanewstimes.com/mark-lamont-hill-told-judge-joe-browns-misogyny-that-he-was-sick-after-brown-called-cosby-accuser-a-groupie/299643/

Oh, Cosby is the REAL victim - and if you disagree - then something about Emmett Till!!
13436852, RE: I get it
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-07-21 09:53 PM
>You and Judge Joe Brown have the same outlook on most
>issues.

apparently the Pennsylvania Supreme Court too