Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti still stand by my prediction that *if* she testifies
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13283755&mesg_id=13287464
13287464, i still stand by my prediction that *if* she testifies
Posted by Reeq, Thu Sep-20-18 07:53 PM
than the nomination is sunk.

the gop job in the hearing is essentially to discredit the accuser and that aint gonna play too well with the majority of americans. even if they trip her up on some inconsistencies or something...its gonna look like a bunch of old white men intimidating a sexual assault victim whose only 'crime' is being an unpolished/unprepared witness on the stand.

kavanaugh is already underwater in approval rating. the 1st time thats happened since they started polling. even with a bush nominee that crashed and burned.

all of this gives vulnerable dems cover to vote with the party and puts more pressure on some repubs to defect without being bailed out by the vulnerable dems.

the governor and lieutenant governor of alaska just came out against him over tribal issues...putting pressure on murkowski to abandon him since that was a key voting bloc for her last election win.

i wouldnt be surprised if some key repub elected state officials come out against him too now that they see how unpopular he is.