Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSeen Rand Paul squirming around earlier, disgusting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13274486&mesg_id=13274659
13274659, Seen Rand Paul squirming around earlier, disgusting
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Jul-16-18 05:51 PM
In some ways I like Rand Paul but in most I hate his guts. Today fell into the latter. He basically tried to impeach the credentials of the top-ranking officials in the FBI and disarm American intelligence. Those are not bad ideas in and of themselves (they were liberal platforms long ago before we got on board with Big Brother, too), but in THIS context? What about literally everyone else inside our government that isn't Trump? In the end he conceded that Russia likely interfered in the elections but that they didn't manipulate the actual vote (they investigated that and possibly tried even if they may not have been successful, which he ignored). He went on and on about how it's good to have direct contact with Russia (which we have always had and no one important is asserting that we should not). Overall he did everything he could to dance around the debacle today and the ongoing shit show. I guess that says he will continue to seek re-election more than anything else.