Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDid a NYC Century Ride yesterday.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13273292&mesg_id=13285146
13285146, Did a NYC Century Ride yesterday.
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Sep-10-18 08:00 AM
It'll be my first and last time doing that event. So unorganized given the scale of the course and folks that even were equipped with GPS computing trackers got lost multiple times on the course. I had one section of the course where I got lost near Van Courtland Park that kind of had me on edge given that I'm not familiar with the Bronx at all and it was in a section of the park that was very very secluded. One positive aspect to the event was exploring the disastrous pock-marked streets of the Bronx. I feel sorry for the cyclists in that boro that have to suffer with what appear to be deplorable cycling environments.

I have to admit that if the weather were a bit better (it was drizzling off and on all day yesterday and the wind was a bit strong at times as well), my outlook on the event might have been better. I can't honestly say I look forward to signing up for next year's run though. Props to the folks to do that event on a re-occuring basis with the knowledge the planning for the routes isn't the sharpest.

I am fortunate I didn't get a flat through the event as I saw cyclists with much more experience under their belts get flat tires.