Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRight. It's fucking crazy. And seems so obvious to me.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13272866&mesg_id=13273106
13273106, Right. It's fucking crazy. And seems so obvious to me.
Posted by Brew, Tue Jul-10-18 11:57 AM
>Much needed I'll say. It can be hard to get the straight ish
>from white folks on racism. I find a lot of white people count
>themselves as not racists because they don't use the N word
>freely. However there's a lot more systemic issues that could
>in all actuality paint them as such.

I remember watching Kings of Comedy back in high school right when it came out. And DL Hughley's bit always stuck with me, when he was talking about (paraphrasing) "white people love to say shit like 'what ?! I'm not racist ! I've had three black people over my house !' .... mannn, if you know exactly how many black people you've had over your house you racist as fuck. What are you out there counting '1,2,3 THAT'S ENOUGH, SHIT ! THIS IS NOT HARLEM!"

It was funny as hell but I also remember thinking to myself, fuck, that's so damn true. Ha. And not a damn thing's changed, sadly.

Anyway I find it exhausting to try and educate the afore-mentioned faux-liberals as a straight white dude, so I can only imagine how POC and other minority/oppressed groups and communities must feel dealing with these half-assed progressives, in *addition* to the regular old-fashioned outward American racism/bigotry. It's crazy because I know so many of these people have (or at least pretend/think they have) the right intentions but just outright refuse to be at ALL self-critical or even critical of their local communities to try and help improve things. And like I said it seems so fucking obvious to me, all the evidence is laid out in front of us, there are multiple examples of it happening *daily*, (in addition to America's reprehensible history with race) and the majority of people *still* somehow deny that it's there. Blows my mind.