Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHey Family, I'm humbly asking for your prayers for my Dad. Seriously
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13271041&mesg_id=13271041
13271041, Hey Family, I'm humbly asking for your prayers for my Dad. Seriously
Posted by Case_One, Fri Jun-29-18 09:25 AM
Please Lift of my dad Jerome in prayer.

All, I'm down in Panama City Beach, FL at the hospital in the ICU with my dad. 😳 He's been sick for a minute, but the severity of the situation was unexpected. On Monday I talked to him (he was ducking me - didn't want me to hear him struggling to breathe), and I had to make him go to the doctor on Tuesday. On Tuesday, he went to the VA, and they immediately transported him to the Civilian hospital. On Wednesday, he sounded better. On Thursday, it was discovered that he has a mass around his bronchial tube at the separation point between both of his lungs. During yesterday's biopsy related to the mass, the doctor discovered that he has cancer and that only one lung was working. Due to the location of the mass, the biopsy caused a massive bleed into both lungs. This was unexpected. So he had to be intubated and sedated so that they could stop the bleeding. The Dr. will try to remove the tube this morning to see if he can breathe on his.. 😳😢

My dad is my dude! He's a 30 yr retired Naval Master Chief. He's a hard core man and has never been sick. Never had to be in the hospital for an illness. Only a broken leg. He's an good dude, beloved by many down he. He's a singer and a a cool cat. To see him, the weight loss, the mortality of my father is crushing me a bit. I stayed in the room with him over night and will again tonight. I'm not sure I can leave his side.

Please pray for my dad yo. Thank you to all. Peace and love

Current Favorite Song: https://youtu.be/8v_KFHnPImY

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins