Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: I'm dying at the salty so called "real hiphop fans" I'm this thread
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13269436&mesg_id=13271492
13271492, RE: I'm dying at the salty so called "real hiphop fans" I'm this thread
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Jul-01-18 07:26 PM
>Bwahaha you were never going to like this even if you like
>it.
>
>Ahhh man. This is hilarious to watch you try so hard. I loved
>Daytona btw. You know why? Because altho I'm old I'm grown and
>have self awareness enough to like two things at the same time
>and be critical. Meanwhile you guys are still holding on to
>your precious highschool days and types of music you grew up
>listening to and all your precious hiphop values acting like
>you are still in highschool. The irony in all this. I'll just
>wait for you to make another "is cargo shorts alright to wear
>still?" Posts 😂😂😂😂
>
>
>----------
>
>IG @h_n_z

We’re surrounded by side-picking / this or that all the time. It seeps into your subconscious sometimes.

The albums? Both are pretty good. After falling into a rabbit hole with Dissect over the last week or so, I’m going to try to learn from Cole and listen some more before I go much further than that.

I’m far enough to say this: I hope Aubrey doesn’t get a cookie cuz he rapped a lot on this album. If so, I’m like ‘but black dynamite, he’s a rapper!’. Yes, I’m saying this in the Chocolate Giddy-up ‘but black dynamite, I sell drugs to the community!’ voice.

Also, I’m not in love with what the 7-songs a week deal did to all 5 of those Kanye releases. I’m assuming hella folks won’t come anywhere close to giving even 3 of those albums significant play before moving on. Add in that so much music has shown up recently and it’s a rough time to want to give stuff a slew of listens.

Last thing: I hope that we aren’t in the process of making the same mistake with Kanye as we did with MJ and Prince. It damn sure feels like we are tho.