Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectupdate: i sent a letter to the gvt, it said im a sucka!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13267288&mesg_id=13346142
13346142, update: i sent a letter to the gvt, it said im a sucka!
Posted by mista k5, Wed Sep-04-19 09:40 AM
i decided to go to a record store saturday. i was hoping they would have a bigger hiphop selection and maybe repaired turntables. the place was tiny and their selection for hiphop was even smaller than the record store i went to a couple weeks back. at least the dude was playing tribe. at some point i decided i was getting a turntable today!

i looked up what guitar center had and decided i would go check them out. the sales dude wasnt much help. i google the at-lp2x and didnt find much. i found out on reddit that it was basically the at-lp3 but without the mc/cc thing (im still not sure what exactly that means). look like a good deal at $170 so i got it.

then im thinking i only have for albums....i need more. so i went back to record store i had gone to a couple of weeks back. ended up picking up 6 more records. so now i have to make sure i dont go back for a couple of months lol

i went ahead and added them in discogs and found out that some i thought were first issue were not. the good thing is that for all of them i paid around avg price that discog has for the version i did buy. maybe one or two steals. all in all this is the stats from discog Collection Value:* Min: $171.92 Med: $293.95 Max: $575.67

i paid about med so *shrug*

not sure if i can share a link to discogs but for anyone curious.
A Tribe Called Quest - We Got It From Hereā€¦Thank You 4 Your Service
2 x Vinyl, Album, LP
Epic - 88985377871

A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Album, LP
Jive - 01241-41490-1

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
2 x Vinyl, Album, LP, Reissue, Remastered
Jive - 01241-41418-1

A Tribe Called Quest - People's Instinctive Travels And The Paths Of Rhythm
2 x Vinyl, Album, LP, Reissue, Remastered
Jive - 01241-41331-1

Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star
Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star
Album, LP
Rawkus - RWK 1158-1

Common - Resurrection
Album, LP, Reissue
Relativity - 88561-1208-1

The Coup - Party Music
2 x Vinyl, Album, LP
75 Ark - 75050

Nas - Illmatic
Album, LP
Columbia - 475959 1, Columbia - COL 475959 1

OutKast - ATLiens
2 x Vinyl, Album, LP, Reissue
LaFace Records - 73008-26029-1

The Roots - Things Fall Apart
2 x Vinyl, Album, LP, Reissue
Geffen Records - MCA2-11948, Okayplayer Records - MCA2-11948

the sucka part is that i was not going into the weekend looking to spend around $400 but as long as i watch my spending for next couple of months ill be good. those garage sales are looking mighty good right now lol and also i bought some albums that i really like but arent necessarily my favs. so im already going away from my intention. i already have the itch to build a big collection.

as far as the record player goes i like it. im obviously not an expert and cant compare it vs others but the set up was pretty quick and it sounds good. it doesnt have usb or bluetooth. im not sure i would have used either, maybe bluetooth. i wanted a turntable that day and i didnt like the options that did have bluetooth. i figure down the line i will get these options in a receiver. one thing i wish i could do right now is listen with my headphones. i connected the record player with the line output into my stereo. my stereo does not have a headphone jack. i think im going to have to be patient on this.