Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRespect
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13265657&mesg_id=13267043
13267043, Respect
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Jun-16-18 11:03 PM
>i guess my issue is the accusatory tone of your message. It's
>deep as hell to me. There should be a consequence...to me, is
>like saying, "off with his head".

Well I don't think he should be killed lol. There are levels to consequences. I will say this... the Black community supported Kanye. Trump literally tried to get Black teenagers executed for a crime they didn't commit (Central Park 5) and does all kinds of detrimental things to minorities. When Kanye supports Trump, I think he deserves to lose the support of the Black community who supported him. This is just logical to me. Imo he's biting the hand that feeds him, so to speak.
By contrast, look at your boy Jay-Z... he says stuff I think is uninformed and that I disagree with, but he's not slapping us in the face as a community, so I wouldn't say there should be consequences to his actions necessarily... I'd just say he needs more education on some issues. I don't think ppl should be punished just b/c I disagree with them. Kanye wants to stand behind someone who actively seeks to harm us tho... that's deeper than disagreement.

>but yeah. We don't see eye to eye on things. I responded to
>you rather than others because I think you're a reasonable
>man. I may not agree with you but I respect how you can
>eloquently lay out your opinion
>
>I hope we're good :-)

Well thank you.
I always give respect to those who give it to me. So you have my respect unless you consistently disrespect me. I'll even do you the courtesy of warning you before I snap lol. So yes, we're good :-)