Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectand that's you
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13265657&mesg_id=13267029
13267029, and that's you
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Jun-16-18 08:25 PM
>I find it werid that its so easy for you all to throw away
>someone. we never did get a full explaination for his
>trump...slavery comments. Y'all took It and ran with it...to
>me that's way more detrimental. additionally, it proves how we
>as black people don't full understand the depth of mental
>illness.

I actually do agree that we don't need to throw one another away over any and every disagreement, but that's where our agreement ends, because:
1)As I stated, there should be some consequences for supporting those who support our very demise as a people. Candace Owens is *dangerous* as is Trump.
2)If someone is supporting your demise, that doesn't *need* an explanation. It needs an apology and a 180. Nothing less than that is acceptable.
3)Regardless of the issue, being it mental illness, drug use, etc... there has to be removal and rehabilitation before this person can go back among the rest of society and live a healthy life. He's doing detrimental shit to all of us, so he has to be checked and there need to be consequences for those things. Period.

>with this in mind, nah, im not going to disregard the brother
>over some comments. I try not to be bias. Like. I don't care
>for the fact Kanye married a white girl but, as long as he
>continues to support black shit...I will support him. I don't
>have to agree with you on everything to see the good in you.

Hey that's great Trin. I didn't ask about your feelings or philosophies actually, but I do share the idea that I don't have to agree with a person on everything to see the good in them. For instance, I agree with you on next to nothing, but I think your intentions are good. I also might find marrying white folks more detrimental than you do, but I think some Black folks who did so have done some good things for Black people.

>Check your bias and don't question folks blackness because you
>never really know if you don't give them the opportunity to be
>heard

1) I never "questioned his blackness" over this, and I don't know why you always say this particular bullshit to me at times when I'm not questioning anyone's Blackness. Perhaps understand what I'm saying before you respond, because this just sounds like you have a particular idea of who I am that you project onto everything I say. That said, try not to come at me like this in the future (telling me what to do based on some idea you *think* I have, telling me what I "need" to do etc as you've done before), because I see alotta naivety and ignorance in so many of the things you say, yet I refrain from telling you how to see things or approaching this way.. even when other people are dogpiling you alotta times I agree, but I don't wanna join dogpiles on you. I choose the be a better person that that. Please keep in mind that it's a choice tho.
2)Check also pt.2 above. If courts are executing innocent people in my community, I don't need an explanation. I need it to stop. If someone is supporting someone who supports the execution of innocent people in my community, I don't need an explanation for that either.

>I've never been super huge on Nas but the fact that he
>realeased his shit on Tidal (some black owed shit) first,
>means the world to me.

Good for you, Trin.