Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLmao bruh... stop the semantic games
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13261744&mesg_id=13262589
13262589, Lmao bruh... stop the semantic games
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jun-01-18 01:39 PM
>Actually it is because I have and you have (we Both)
>experienced encounters whit God.

No, we experienced things, but not "god".

But I'm going to leave it at
>that. I can be an apologist, but there is no need. You know
>the truth and it's your choice to do as you please

What I know there is no evidence for your psychotic magical sky genie.

>Yes. That's not a complete fact, that a lot of your opinion.

Here's a fact: there's no evidence to support that your religion is remotely trbut there's significant evidence to prove that it stole a lot of ideas frk. earlier religions.

>Faith involves taking a blind step

^^^and here's what kills your religion, b3cause it does not rely on truth. It relies on exactly that: taming a bkond step.

it also involves listening
>to God's communication and having an unction concerning this
>plans and revelation. Faith is a means to cultivate a real
>relationship wit God too.

Faith is a way to help peoplemake sense of things for which they cannot otherwise explain, as well as tk help them deal with things emotionally.

But it's based on nothing substantial.

>No need to lash out at me.

Lashing out? No.
Telling you the truth isn't lashing out, and the more you try puahing your bullshit snake oil, the more hard truths you'll get.

You do have faith in many things.
>You went to sleep and believed by faith that you would wake
>up. You had not Absolute factual basis to stand on to
>determine if you would wake up, but by faith you planned for
>this day on yesterday.

LMAO holy shit you really went straight to the dumbest possible argument for this.

You're confusing faith- a blind step, as you've already admitted- with a reasonable certainty based on overwhelmingly consistent and readily observable evidence.

That there is a possibility that i won't wake up tomorrow or the next day does jot change the fact that I've woken up every day for over 13,000 consecutive days, to say nothing of the countless people I've observed doing the exact same thing.

I have a high degree of certainty that I will wake up from my sleep because the exception to that general rule is a statistical improbability based on myriad factors. Yes, there is a chance that i won't wake up tomorrow, and, depending on various factors, that probability may increase or decrease, but absent a major change, that probability is extremely slim.

If your god had anything close to that level of overwhelming and consistent evidence, faith would not be required.

But again... you are badly, ignorantly, embarrassingly displaying a fundamental lack of understanding of the differwnce between a belief based on faith and reasonable certainty based on evidence.

I seriously can't believe you said that shit.

>The fact is that you know the truth.

There is a reason you make weak assertions like this instead of presenting evidence.

>Some do, some don't a lot of non religious people believe in
>Luck to expalin things. Do you believe in Luck?

Not the way you're most likely framing it, no.

Luck is a way of describing positive or negative chance occurences, but luck isn't some sort of force. If i find a 100 bucks ont he ground, I'm "lucky" only in the sense that it was a chance occurrence that yielded a positive result.

I believe that chance occurences happen because there's evidence that they happen, but I do not believe in luck as a cause or catalyst for those occurences.

>Actually, those people do have a track record of evidence to
>support there belief in God and faith in His will and care for
>their lives. I have personal stories / testimonies that will
>blow your mind.

Yes, you have stories where people will connect dots and ignorantly conclude that a god did it, because they do not have a better, more logical explanation.

Sorry, that wouldn't blow my mind in the least.

I'm sure you do too, but you've chosen to
>maybe just disregard them as coincidences or happenstance.

Yes, I've chosen to utilize my rational brain instead of fairy tale nonsense.

Look, we can rsume a more respectful tone, but not as long as you choose to continue this bullshit of telling me I "know the truth" and all that jazz. You keep that shit up and I'm going to get real disrespectful on the subject.

If you really want a discussion of opposing ideas or thoughtful discourse, I'm down. But not if you're going to approach it the way you've been.

The choixe is yours, rev.