Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't really see spirituality as anything more than a vague concept
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13261744&mesg_id=13261951
13261951, I don't really see spirituality as anything more than a vague concept
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed May-30-18 09:30 PM
>are you going full atheist - as in nothing is there

Not sure what you mean by "nothing is there", but I assume you mean some sort ofnhigher power. If that's something close to the definition you're getting at, nah.

Not at all. I've seen no reasonable evidence for that.

nothing
>in your life represents spirituality?

I wouldn't say I subscribe to any ideology that would qualify as "spiritual", but then I don't really think spirituality exists as anything truly substantial.

>are you on a journey to find something that fits your world
>view?

Not at all. I simply do not see any sound, reasonable evidence for a diety of any kind. I don't seek any sort of grand truth or framework to fit a specific worldview.

I do think the overall value of religious fairy tales yield diminishing returns, and the general harm they breed tends to far outweigh any value on the whole. I also think that, on the whole, the ability to genuinely say, and accept that "I don't know, but let's figure it out to the extent that our knowledge and resources will allow" is a significantly better and more beneficial approach then plugging in holes in our knowledge with a fairy tale.