Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPush showed us he had no sense of morality with his album cover art
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13260786&mesg_id=13261457
13261457, Push showed us he had no sense of morality with his album cover art
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue May-29-18 09:44 PM
I kinda felt he should've been canceled in the mind of anyone who had any modicum of respect for Whitney or any of her family for that, but hey... people stand for nothing these days. People talking about not supporting toxic individuals one minute and then talking about how fire Daytona is the next...

But anyway, Drake used to do this thing where he pretended to be above responding to beef. Situations like this are why the "high road" is often necessary... because some people are willing to go so low that you have to betray your own sense of integrity to beat them... they take you out of character to a place you're less comfortable. Pusha is being very 50-esque right now with his words in that there's nothing and no one off limits. As far as fights with no rules go, Pusha has the advantage, because he's not a pop star who has restrictions on what he can and can't say, and his fan base would probably like him more the more disrespectful he gets. I could be wrong tho. I see it like if Corey Holcomb had beef with Kevin Hart. Corey's fan base likes him *because* he says shit that Kevin can't and won't.

That said, those last words Pusha said on Adidon (the part where he asks him to go ahead and get angry, b/c he wants to see what that looks like) is some "pat on the head" level sonning. Yall say Drake is strategic... well he's gonna have to be to win against someone with no scruples now that he's decided to engage.