Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt's a W because it was confirmation of Drake's words
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13260786&mesg_id=13261090
13261090, It's a W because it was confirmation of Drake's words
Posted by auragin_boi, Tue May-29-18 08:45 AM
"I helped y'all by responding. You trying to get promo by dissing me because you have a project out and because I responded, you are probably gonna make some extra cake off it. I should invoice you for the promotion."

Pusha - "Send the invoice."

OVO - *Sends invoice for $100K*

It's a concession. 'Yeah, you are helping me, so send me copy so that I can make is square.' IT also confirms Push heard the diss and instead of responding with a rap...like, immediately, he goes to twitter and types THAT up? C'mon man...that's an L.

Like Push wasn't doing numbers-numbers without a Drake response anyway. But people are paying attention now (though he still probably won't do numbers-numbers).

All the things in the response from Drake...
-You diss me because of some assistance, well how do you feel about your boss because I helped him recently with writing...ME not anyone you claim is penning for me.

-Insinuating Kanye is keeping Push as an in house lackey because he's afraid of his talent and letting Push blow.

-Not even top 5 on your label roster.

-Calling them snakes and backstabbers because he helps them out but then Ye produces and authorizes the release of a full song with his employee dissing Drake.

-Calling him a fake coke rapper and that he was 2 levels removed from what he talks about.

-And summarizing it that he only diss him to get attention because when they see him it's all (fake) love.

...and THAT's what he responded to? It don't take days to write a rhyme man.

It's one thing not to respect Drake over his in house OVO structure (writers/producers, etc.) but let's be honest, Drake ain't really the 'emcees emcee'. He's a pop artist and fully swallows that. Dudes out here jealous because he can do things they can't. And trust...Push has 'tried'. It just ain't his lane and he's not comfortable in it.

If you cared enough to listen fam, you gotta dig into it the same way you would have in 1998 lol