Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectA friend of mine made a professor cry over late work
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13258013&mesg_id=13258974
13258974, A friend of mine made a professor cry over late work
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Thu May-17-18 01:32 PM
He was generally a pushover growing up (less so, now) but he felt justified in really pushing his case against one professor.

She said she'd be accepting final papers during her office hours but she left her office maybe 15 minutes early. My friend shows up just before her office hours are supposed to end and she's nowhere to be found. I believe he just slipped it under her door or put it in her mailbox... either way, he didn't have any kind of proof that he submitted on time.

Fast forward a couple weeks and he gets a much worse grade than he expected so he goes in to see the professor. She says there's no proof he submitted on time... he says she wasn't there so what option did he have? She said there was nothing he could do but he was persistent and kept pleading his case.

Finally she was like "FINE.. FINE! I'll give you a C! I dunno why you students feel like you can just come inhere and berate us into changing grades" and starts crying! My friend feels like shit... but he's also earned himself a passing grade in the class.

Fast forward almost a decade and my friend is a practicing emergency room doctor. He's looking over his roster of patients at the beginning of his shift and vaguely recognizes a name. He starts thinking and is like "Nah... it couldn't be" but goes to check and, yep, it's his old professor.

He introduces himself and says "Hello, I'm Dr. So and So. You may not remember me but I took one of your classes in college." Her eyes get big as she suddenly recognizes him... she grabs at her husband nearby and says "It's HIM!!!!". The husband says "Who!??!"... she says "The student I used to tell you about"... the husband "The one that made you cry!??!"

No punches were thrown lol. They all shared a laugh reminiscing about their different perspectives. My friend explained how he felt like shit for what he did but he felt he had to fight for his grade. She talked about the pressure you teachers face at times and how the incident with him had stuck with her... but she was happy to see that he'd done something great with his education.