Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLOL @ the screenshot emailing himself
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13258013&mesg_id=13258062
13258062, LOL @ the screenshot emailing himself
Posted by T Reynolds, Mon May-14-18 10:50 AM
Sounds like some shit I would have done back in those days.

This kinda reminds me of when I had to plead to a C or take an F

The material in a psychoanalysis class I took was convoluted and shitty, so I opted to do my own research (risky move #1) using straightforward sources on the history of psychoanalysis and it's concepts (vs. the very exhausting and batshit crazy case studies)

The professor asked if I plagiarized, saying 'my paper was too good'. I replied that all my sources were cited and that writing itself was not plagiarized. She asked for me to turn in my sources so she could analyze them, hoping to catch me lifting from them. I happily turned over my sources, but when it came to meeting with the Dean, the professor said she didn't have time to review my sources and so I would be given the choice of either taking an arbitrary 'C', or failing the course.

I thought it was criminal how they railroaded me at the time, but had I just used the sources the professor provided for the class, I would have avoided all the accusations to begin with, despite probably hating the subject twice as much at the end of the semester.