Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject"all white ppl are racist" vs "freedom is navigating white spaces"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13256226&mesg_id=13256812
13256812, "all white ppl are racist" vs "freedom is navigating white spaces"
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue May-08-18 12:44 PM
The above statements are irreconcilable. Racism is the subjugation of non-white people, especially Black people. The very nature of it is to restrain. If one's definition of freedom is being able to appease their abuser, that is indeed very sad. Why is it sad? Because one has to stop viewing the subjugation as subjugation in order to view that as freedom. In essence, in order to feel "free" in a system of white supremacy, you have to see yourself and the world exactly as white supremacists do. That's just called being broken.

>please help me understand how you all are able to navigate
>this world without dealing with and maneuvering through the
>white power structure at some point?

No one said they don't have to deal with it. We all have to deal with it to some degree, and that is precisely why none of us are free. You omitted the part about freedom when asking this question.

references:
(1)"All white people are racist" is from reply 95
(2) Notice I said "in order to feel 'free' in a system of white supremacy, you have to see yourself and the world exactly as white supremacists do." That makes reply 96 very ironic ("Freedom is doing exactly what I think you should do" LOLOLOL"). This is sad on a whole different level, because he can see Black people boxing Black people in with mere disapproval, but simultaneously defines "freedom" as fitting into white peoples' box. He exempts those "racist" white people from criticism here. Black people get all of his criticism in this instance, because we aren't the granters of "freedom" in a racist society. Power is determining the direction of his criticism... those with the least power get the criticism b/c they can't do anything for him in his eyes except fall in line with the (racist) system in which he's invested.