Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't agree that the narrative hasn't changed.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13254846&mesg_id=13255456
13255456, I don't agree that the narrative hasn't changed.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Wed May-02-18 03:43 PM
But that's fine. And OF COURSE we don't know an official diagnosis unless he or his family tell us but do you need to be in the room when Rape Kelly pees on a girl or do you follow alllll the breadcrumbs laid out over the years to know he's a predator?

C'mon.

AND... him being ____ has been a part of the narrative for a long while now... particularly since he had that breakdown 2 years ago.

C'mon.

IT WAS GENERALLY ACCEPTED/TALKED ABOUT/UNDERSTOOD that he has mental health issues because the clues were there. The cognitive dissonance on this is weird. Actually it's not. I take that back. I get how hard it is to make this type of behavior make sense. But what I'd like to have happen is for people to see past their anger and outrage over his despicable behavior and show some compassion for what I -- and I'd wager a gang of folks in this very post (though most won't admit it for their pearl clutching) -- believe is a pretty sick man.

My only motivation is to advocate for better understanding of, and empathy for people with, mental illness.