Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFair enough here.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13254846&mesg_id=13255229
13255229, Fair enough here.
Posted by Brew, Wed May-02-18 10:26 AM
>I'm way more mad at the people that
>know he's sick, and are exploiting him for ratings.

This I can agree with.

But how much do we actually know of his illness ? Like do we have a diagnosis ? Or are you a mental health professional (serious question) ? Or are we all just speculating wildly based on our own belief system ?

I say that as a way to say - without a proper diagnosis from someone way smarter than me I'm not willing to give this type of shit a pass just because he went to a halfway house last year. I sympathize with mental illness, my wife suffers from it. But if she suddenly started spewing racist nonsense at the dinner table, wearing a MAGA hat, or trying to poison my water at dinner to try and kill me, I wouldn't be all "aw this is so sad she's just suffering !" I'd call her a racist and an attempted-murderer and divorce her. While simultaneously encouraging her to go get some help.

In other words, the two are not mutually exclusive. Kanye can be a stupid, incoherent, brainwashed mess, and also have mental illness. The former does not necessarily have a direct correlation to the latter.