Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt's in the name, really
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13252273&mesg_id=13252330
13252330, It's in the name, really
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Apr-23-18 08:24 AM
con·serv·a·tive
kənˈsərvədiv

adjective
holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.

noun
a person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics.

So when you say this...

>Am I crazy but there is a big sense that the only way to be
>down with conservatism as a person of color/black man is be
>down with white supremacy or have white supremacy do some
>shaping of your world view

... that makes complete sense, because white supremacy shapes America's "traditional attitudes and values" and that's what a conservative is "conserving"... no matter what they look like.

>I been hearing these black conservatives talking about the
>"democratic plantation" but nothing they say seems to be of
>any value to black people. They look at black america through
>the lens of white disgust and hatred....I can't get past 20
>seconds of these negors talking

I look at that "democratic plantation" as the same old white supremacist tactic of flipping everything around. You say they're racist, they say you're racist. You say they're killing us, they scream "white genocide." They want to harm you, they accuse you of trying to harm them (i.e. stop resisting!). They want to bring back the plantation, they accuse you of wanting to bring it back.
This is good for confusing simple minds who won't study and analyze history and present data.

As for looking at Black America through the lens of white disgust and hatred, there's no other way for a *conservative* to look at Black America.