Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectanyone ever join a class action lawsuit?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13250301&mesg_id=13250301
13250301, anyone ever join a class action lawsuit?
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Apr-13-18 09:32 AM
so my VW is STILL at the dealership. The extended warranty is covering most of the repairs (jah bless). However, I'm still on the hook for 1K for the labor and gaskets and tax (they cap the labor charge and don't cover diagnostics or tax).

So... the timing chain slipped and it ruined the cam shaft or some shit and basically fucked up the engine. Its cheaper to get a used engine than to fix the cam shafts (so they say).

I go online and see that VW has a lawsuit against them because this timing chain tension shit is a real problem in certain models from 209 to 2012. My CC is a 2011. I brought it up with them and they hem and hawed and said they would try to work with me on the labor charges. I'm going to keep pushing them to see if I can get it down.

Wondered if anyone ever had success with this type of lawsuit.

I'm prolly going to trade this shit in right after I get it back and get a "fuck-it-bucket" I really like this car but I need a cheaper car note anyway and I don't want to deal with this happening again.