Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYeah, they've been good with these things.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13246029&mesg_id=13248774
13248774, Yeah, they've been good with these things.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Apr-06-18 03:15 PM
Louie, SOA, now Atlanta are playing with formats in a lot of different ways. It seems to be paying off critically (sometimes ratings wins too). Atlanta does well - just checked the overnights and it did like 776k viewers which is great in today's day and age especially for such a weird show. The actual Nielsen numbers were sorta soft but comparable to other cable hits (similar to Rupaul's Drag Race as an example). I imagine their +3/DVR numbers are significant too.

But still...good on FX for playing with formats and pushing boundaries when it comes to actual content. Watching Wolf of Wall Street a few months back, on like a Sunday during the late afternoon, I was SHOCKED at what they got away with. I had serious jealously...because I'd kill for that type of creative freedom. I imagine what's driving FX's ratings overall is their movies but their original programming is pushing things forward in huge ways. Even when they aren't great shows, they still try to do weird shit...and you can't help but admire that.