Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe barber episode brought up all sorts of PTSD
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13246029&mesg_id=13247211
13247211, The barber episode brought up all sorts of PTSD
Posted by double negative, Mon Apr-02-18 01:21 PM
we all know how fucking hard it is to find a good barber and when you do find one you will go through abuse to keep that relationship going.

I have waited 2 hours for a haircut

My dude is normally late by about 30-40 minutes. "Aye, I'll be RIGHT with you bruh..."

Two short stories

-When I first started to cut my hair again after having locs for over a decade I went through a lot of barbers because no one "got it". I was trying out a new barber for a few cuts. Dude was Mexican and kind of nice but he had an annoying habit of rapping while cutting.

Imagine, a loud ass barber shop. They only played bay area rap and they played it loudly. Every single hair cut opened like this

"Take some from the top, keep the side short"

"WHAT?! YO, WHAT YOU WANT MAN?"

"Take some from the top, keep the side short"

"I CAN'T...I CAN'T HEAR YOU BRO"

"I SAID...Take some from the top, keep the side short"

"OK....HOW YOU WANT THE SIDES?"

"....whatever"

So with the loud ass shop the dude who cut my hair loved Tupac and he was a rapper himself. So while he cut my hair he kept one earbud in and rapped along with 'Pac. And while he rapped, his non cutting hand made wide and quick rap hands. The reason why I mentioned him being Mexican was that I eventually got sick of the loud music and him rapping but I had the last straw when I noticed that he was "nigga nigga nigga nigga NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA" everything.

I kept saying "huh? oh..."

- Second story. Happened in the late 90s. Barber was late, then I waited for 45 min. The barber shop at the time was the hangout spot and the place to buy a bag. Barber in the middle of cutting me up says "aye, be right back"

When he came back his hands smelled like blunt.

Dude fucked my shit all up. Like, hairline at angle, mismatched fade.