Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectEp 2 breakdown:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13239060&mesg_id=13241739
13241739, Ep 2 breakdown:
Posted by poetx, Sun Mar-11-18 02:07 PM
the three weed incidents underscored aspects of coming up.

1 - Al's plug robbed him. he starts off w/ some of what seems like banter, tellin dude how much he like his new shit. Al seemed like he was lightweight annoyed w/ that to me, but he always seems uneasy w/ fame. (side note: showing dude all antsy in the backseat and all the pauses was great for setting the tone that something was about to jump off). ultimately, weedman's praise is indicative. he robbed dude b/c he thought (like so many of us think) that notoriety == bank. Al got mad and was like, "i ain't makin no fuckin money off that shit" but it was too late at that point.

2 - darius' homey putting dude up on social media. so now Al can't buy his weed in peace, b/c dude is putting him on blast on s/m. again, the compliments on his music, etc. again, al is uneasy w/ that. fool takes ANOTHER picture and posts it immediately. so the assumption of paperboi's fame would have been a come up for this weed man, b/c he could stunt on social media and prolly pick up new customers.

3 - white dude w/ the farm connect. seems like he about that business. he not blasting out the info in public, but he line stepping in assuming familiarity and putting dude in a group chat w/ his girl.

so, to sum, if you een LOOK like you making moves,ppl gonna start

- assuming you got $$$ and try to take you for bad
- using your fame to big up themselves
- ingratiate themselves into your life in ways you ain't ask for or need

that's a lot, and especially when the come up is on the up slope, meaning you haven't reaped the benefits but people making assumptions about different shit you can do or be to them.

that has got to be all kinds of frustrating.

any of our okfamous folk wanna add on?

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad