Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYup
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13239060&mesg_id=13239532
13239532, Yup
Posted by BigReg, Sat Mar-03-18 10:01 AM
>I think the problem is he wants Atlanta to be something it
>isn’t. It’s not a traditional show with that old ass
>formula.

Which is why it's great and kinda oddly aligns more with the black experience than what we usually get if you think about it. The A to B to C tv sitcom/drama may lend some Shakespearian gravitas to the black experience in the hood , but it doesn't capture the essense of just how strange the shit is.

How many times you think back to some random shit that happened when you were young and shrugged it off at the time but now are like 'WTF, that shit was crazy'.

And its small random shit too; like it popped in my head recently where I was walking to work one day from my old apt and NYPD was outside this house wearing bulletproof vests, AR-15's, and a battering ram pulling off a raid on a random ass weekday morning at 7am. I didn't even lower the sound on my headphones when i walked by, LOL.

That randomness doesn't happen when resources to ensure that things go smoothly a la suburbs/well to do areas.