Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHow they reveal info to me is a great part of the story telling.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13239060&mesg_id=13239156
13239156, How they reveal info to me is a great part of the story telling.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Mar-02-18 10:16 AM
Like while watching that opening sequence you are in a constant state of "what the heck is going on"

I was wondering what these dudes relation to Donald Glover and his ppl were.

I was wondering what they were talking about when they were talking about (what's the name of the drive through?)

When I finally thought I got my barrings (sp), and realized they were talking about a drive through you could order weed, they flipped it and it turned into a robbery story.

It took a second for me to realize those guys were the robbers.

Then when I thought I had the story again, they reveal there was a woman in the backseat.

The could have had a scene in which you see the decision to rob the place and the woman in the backseat, but way more interesting to tell the story the way they did.

It reminded me a lot of the Wire when I was constantly wondering what the fuck was going on, and was rewarded hugely when I figured out what was going on.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"