Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectJob Interview Questionnaire help needed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13238002
13238002, Job Interview Questionnaire help needed
Posted by Damali, Tue Feb-27-18 10:35 AM
So I'm still looking for work after being fired 5 months ago and i'm getting close on a couple jobs...for this one, i have to answer a questionnaire and i'm stuck on this question...mainly because it's true LOL

"You and the CEO share mutual friends and acquaintances. What safeguards would you put in place to ensure there is no conflict of interest?"

im not sure how to answer it other than, i would inform the mutual friend upon being hired that i won't be discussing the CEO's personal or business affairs...but that just sounds too obvious and rudimentary

anyone have suggestions on what else i could include?

thanks
d
13238005, the short answer: I would follow the established HR policies
Posted by Selah, Tue Feb-27-18 10:42 AM
the longer answer depends on the requirements of position to which you are applying. why exactly would it be your responsibility to establish "safeguards"?

safeguards against what?

more data required...

13238029, ^^^^
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Feb-27-18 11:06 AM

13238040, sorry, yes. here's more info
Posted by Damali, Tue Feb-27-18 11:16 AM
the job is to be the personal assistant of the CEO

the CEO is a famous blogger/author so I doubt there is an "HR department" but I do think "following established policies" is an excellent way to respond

thanks!

d
13238047, based on the new data
Posted by Selah, Tue Feb-27-18 11:21 AM
say: "I honor confidentiality and discretion with the utmost effort and would only disclose based on the pre-established "need to know" set up by ______" (or somesuch)

basically they (i'm sure you know) are just trying to ensure you don't run your mouth and tell all the CEOs business gossipping

nothing you say can guarantee that, even if they make you sign an NDA (which they should)
13238069, excellent thanks!
Posted by Damali, Tue Feb-27-18 11:42 AM
13238202, basically.
Posted by Cenario, Tue Feb-27-18 01:41 PM