Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't see the difference
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13237660&mesg_id=13238121
13238121, I don't see the difference
Posted by Selah, Tue Feb-27-18 12:19 PM
whatever your (and her) basis, you were THERE

it's might not have lasted

but you were there

and I bet it was beautiful to behold

the completion of my response the other day was

"BUT...

if she turns on you. its your worst nightmare.

you will get one of three options:
1. she will leave and burn it all to the ground on the way out (thin line between love and hate). this is what produces the fruit exemplified by infinite "woman scorned" tales like Waiting to Exhale (Angela Basset burning up clothes and cars in lingerie) or You Better Think (Aretha in Blues Brothers)
2. she will stay, but not give you more than one iota of the bare minimum of her anything - until she finds a better option and bounces or fed up enough that option one kicks in (she'll keep you around for whatever value you might have - no need to be alone or broke, but applications are officially being taken)
3. she will leave with the blood-oath-to-self commitment to make the rest of your days a living hell because "you ain't @#$%^&" (despite the fact that she actually WAS with you for whatever period - this is always explained as having been tricked)"

I realize now, I left out an option:

"she will turn inward and go to the dark place of guilt/shame. this is dangerous to herself, and to the next guy who will have to help her heal - sometimes as the bearer of a cup that was poured before he got there; now having to help rekindle a deadened sense of hope, wonder, faith, and trust"

i read what you type, and I too hope you find the love you seek