Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectinteresting topic
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13236847&mesg_id=13236868
13236868, interesting topic
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Feb-23-18 03:50 PM
i have never been "sent to the store" to pickup groceries. even as an adult being home on break from college or living at home post-grad

however i can't remember a time not getting exactly what i wanted from the store unless my folks flat out overlooked/forgot something. even when i was in kindergarten and my parents made lists i just put whatever i wanted on there and i got it.

i essentially got to set the dinner choices as well most of the time. my folks were very "path of least resistance" when it came to food.

we used to do Kroger's mainly cause they had the best produce. then Teeter came through and ate all that up.

i would assume my folks made over 100K combined. my folks said they'd tell me what they made once they knew i made more than them since i let them do my taxes. i just know my mom made more than my dad. but i can't ever recall wanting for something and not eventually getting it even if i did have to wait for some of the big ticket items.