Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAnswer me this. Was race and gender the only reason she got that offer?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13227314&mesg_id=13228044
13228044, Answer me this. Was race and gender the only reason she got that offer?
Posted by spenzalii, Mon Jan-22-18 01:23 PM
If your stance is she got low balled only because she's a black female comedian, I understand your position. Wouldn't agree with it, but can accept your thinking.

If you believe that there are any other factors that came to play with that offer, than your stance looks a little shakier. I don't even think Mo'Nique believes it's all about race and gender, but also has to do with her supposed legendary status. Otherwise, why go on about being the most decorated comedian alive (which, come on, she's not)?

I don't think it's so cut and dry 'Netflix is racist/sexist'. I understand the offer made Mo'Nique feel some kind of way, and rightfully so. But the way everything is laid out isn't going to stop me watching Black Mirror and Ozark.