Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNot what I was saying
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13227314&mesg_id=13227924
13227924, Not what I was saying
Posted by spenzalii, Mon Jan-22-18 11:43 AM
As I have said a few times here, gender and race likely played a part in that initial lowball offer. But that wasn't by any stretch of the imagination the only reason the offer was lower than she expected. You have to look at both factors. If this was JUST about race and gender, fine. Call for your boycott. But it's not and never was

This is before you you factor in whether Mo'Nique was doing a bit much with her comparisons to other artists (contract and/or talentwise) or her assertion she's the most decorated comedian alive (unless she has an EGOT we don't know about).

So yes, she's fighting with one arm behind her back because of how the system is. Not her fault and she's right to be mad at that. But she seems to shoot herself in the foot by not having a good business case herself for what she can bring in and making comparisons she doesn't quite match up with. That part she can control.