Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectcan she get $500k+ somewhere else?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13227314&mesg_id=13227490
13227490, can she get $500k+ somewhere else?
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-20-18 06:12 AM
so netflix lowballed her (in her opinion). she should be getting 500k+ bids from amazon, hulu, hbo, comedy central, etc. right?

your market value is determined by the actual market. not what you personally feel you are valued at. businesses pay you based on a revenue share of an estimation of how much money you will make *them*.

im a ball player. a team is offering me a mid level contract. i think i deserve a max contract. but no other team is offering me a max contract. then guess what? im a mid level player lol.

amy schumer (who i dont even like) has over 6 million instagram followers (one of many metrics for interest/relevance) and has been part of profitable movies, shows, and comedic ventures.

monique has an instagram following of 215k and i cant think off the top of my head of any comedic/entertainment vehicles that she has been responsible for driving revenue to. i honestly have never heard anyone talk about going to a monique standup show.
where would her starting point be in a negotiation based off past financial success?