Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectreduced sugar and caffeine intake + yoga
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13222595&mesg_id=13244406
13244406, reduced sugar and caffeine intake + yoga
Posted by bearfield, Wed Mar-21-18 03:06 PM
trying to stay under ~35g of sugar/day. it's not easy but cutting sugary drinks to 1 or fewer/day helps tremendously. caffeine isn't too difficult to cut further as i already developed the habit of drinking 1 to 1.5 cups/day of low caffeine/sugar cold brew with almond milk in my "morning" (i work second shift), over the course of several hours, and cutting all caffeine ~12 hours before i go to bed. the above changes have the added benefit of forcing me to drink way more water

about to get back into yoga now that my work schedule has become a little more normalized. previously (and it will happen again) i was working 9-12 hours/day and i had no idea how many hours i was working when i arrived at work. it's tough to set and stick to a post-work routine when you don't know when you're getting home from work on any given night. i told myself i had to at least be able to touch my toes standing up and sitting down before i started yoga again and i just reached that point a few nights ago. now it's simply a matter of making time every night for a quick 30-45 minute yoga session