Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWest is right to criticize Coates’s fatalism and pessimism.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13220804&mesg_id=13220844
13220844, West is right to criticize Coates’s fatalism and pessimism.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-17-17 03:48 PM
TNC does treat white supremacy like it’s invicible and eternal. I don’t think black folks can afford to fear as much as TNC does. And that’s not divine hope speaking. I’m just as atheistic as Coates, but I think the trajectory of black people in this nation is proof enough that we are on the path of overcoming.

Five years after the Civil War there were less than 5 million of us. Now there are damn near 50 million of us. We ain’t dying, we multiplying. Literally.

That said...

West needs to sit the fuck down with this “neoliberal” shit and treating Coates like he’s a white liberal Trophy Nigga. West got nerve to call somebody myopic when he’s drinking the class struggle Kool-Aid. True, a lot of black people’s problems got economic causes and ramifications, but don’t fool yourself into thinking your Bernie Bros won’t hit you with the “identity politics”dismissal the next time a nigga gets shot by the police.

Also, we right in the middle of the #MeToo movement and ya boy Tavis is on the Summer Jam screen. Show some solidarity with your sistas, Brother West, and call a hypocrite out.