Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectStill disagree with yall on this lol.Identity politics didn't sway SHIT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13211439&mesg_id=13370611
13370611, Still disagree with yall on this lol.Identity politics didn't sway SHIT
Posted by kfine, Wed Mar-04-20 09:28 AM
this cycle (as demonstrated by the historic diversity of the initial field, the poor performance of candidates of color even with their own groups, and the candidates who performed best in the end).

Whoever ends up with the nom (and I realize it will likely be Biden)... if they don't pick a (former) fellow frontunner with a large established base, a well-organized volunteer network ready to turn the fuck out, demonstrated fundraising prowess, and a balance to the nominee's weak areas I strongly believe the Dems will be in bad shape against 45.

These areas are where Biden, in particular, has been extremely weak (vs Bernie). Other than being black (which, again, voters didn't seem to give af about during the primary lol), what would Kamala add to the ticket that Biden doesn't already have? He already has the black vote lol. He was in Congress longer than she's been. Dems are almost guaranteed to win CA in the GE against 45. Name recognition and warm fuzzies may seal the deal in the south but that's a risky strategy to take against 45's literal army of a volunteer network its been reported he's building out at armyfortr*** dot com (his son said in an interview their goal is 2M). Dems need to gain ground in Middle America, rural and suburban communities, to flip the EC.. can Kamala help deliver that??

*Especially* if things aren't finalized until the convention, which only leaves a few months to warm the electorate up to somebody. I really don't want to see any picks out of left field or on some identity BS (eg. Kaine in '16). I think the play is picking somebody who resonated strongly THIS CYCLE and brings a *proven* coalition of volunteers, donors, and enthusiastic supporters with them to hit the ground running in a big way.