Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti got those same concerns babybro.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13211439&mesg_id=13213851
13213851, i got those same concerns babybro.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Nov-18-17 03:46 PM
we tend to only come out every 4 years and expect things to change. then we get manhandled in off-year, special, and midterm elections.

but after everything ive seen so far...ive got a lot of optimism for 2018. i see tons of people who never even really cared about politics talking about the midterms now.

dem candidates are getting campaign volunteers and raising money like crazy. last midterms...44 dem candidates passed the $100k mark. this cycle...144 dems passed that mark (and most of them by large margins).

dem/activist energy on the ground is crazy right now. elections across the country on nov 7 were a testament to that. dems running and winning at every level of government even in historically red areas.

in the past...a flawed candidate, the donna brazile situation, and shitty weather on election day would have depressed dem turnout in an off-year va election. but dems stayed focused and went out and voted like republicans lol. i think we are finally showing party discipline and maturing across the board as a group.