Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI kinda like it, but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13211439&mesg_id=13211480
13211480, I kinda like it, but
Posted by stravinskian, Fri Nov-10-17 12:37 PM
there's a reason Joe's campaigns never went very far before. Maybe being a gaffe machine isn't a problem in the age of Trump (in fact, maybe it'd make him compare favorably -- like he's an everyman who doesn't make your skin crawl), but I'm not sure I wanna test it.

The bigger concern is, he'll be 77 by election day. If he won, and was reelected, he'd be 85 by the end of his second term. He doesn't seem that old when you see him nowadays, but give him a few years and I fear it might become a liability.

Connections to Obama will be powerful currency in 2020, though, I predict. Sadly, I can't really think of many people who have those connections other than Hillary and Biden. Dick Durbin doesn't sound promising. Susan Rice? Eric Holder? They seem far-feched. I dunno.

I think it'll be a clean-slate year. Someone young, vital, new. Like an Obama of the 2020s. Kamala still seems like the obvious choice for top of the ticket.