Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectKudos
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13201430&mesg_id=13202606
13202606, Kudos
Posted by AtoZ 0toInfinity, Sun Oct-15-17 09:02 AM
>>"Tribe and Eminem and a few others are doing their part but those are contemporary acts at this point. I'm looking to the younger generation of hip hop to take a stronger stand.

I'm pretty sure what Em did is not an anthem and I'm pretty sure I heard Kendrick on Conrad Tokyo off the new Tribe but anyway ...

So you're separating the young generation from the older generation. In that case I see where you're coming from
BUT I don't see why it has to be an anthem tho.

Thing is you can talk about Trump without ever saying his name because it's the social climate and ideologies of dominant society that create a Trump generation after generation.

So in that regard I don't need an anthem from Kendrick, Cole, Joey Badass, KRIT to know where they stand. It's in their music all the time. Trust me the listener isn't confused. You even got brothers doin interviews engaging on these topics that you would never expect, Flocka and Gibbs come to mind.

Matter of fact the last real anthem I can think right now at this very moment is Kendrick's "Alright"

But anyway congrats on being in the right place at the right and flipping that into a few yrs in the game. You should list some of your work someday so I can be sure to not listen