Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectUsed to leave at 4:30 to get to work at 9. I'd get home around 10, if was able
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13197146&mesg_id=13198455
13198455, Used to leave at 4:30 to get to work at 9. I'd get home around 10, if was able
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Sep-29-17 12:18 AM
To get home.

I had leave at 4:30 and walk around 2 miles to catch the bus by 5:30. I'd get off around 730 or so and walk another mile and a half (roughly) to get to work arou d 8:15, but work didn't start until 9.

Based in the time frames I had to catch the last bus around 7 and get back to town around 845, but it would end in middle of town instead of taking you all the way out for that last trip of the night and my walk home was just about double the walk to the bus stop in the morning.

I worked for a Direct TV company and my job was to schedule all their installations.

Because this process was a mess of rules using hand written spread sheets and paper sign up sheets and I had to send every installers assignments via fax and everything had to be verified and I was a salaried employee, I was often stuck in that city (Riverside) a few nights a week.

That was one hell of a grind at 21 for a salary of 320 a week.

Fortunately I worked with a close friend a nd was sometimes able to get a ride home and/or stay at her place if I couldn't get home.