Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWe started our birthing class today.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13191571&mesg_id=13191571
13191571, We started our birthing class today.
Posted by MEAT, Tue Sep-05-17 10:35 PM
Ten couples. Four black dudes. (Self included) one black woman (my wife). Gotta admit to feeling a bit funny about that.

I'm not even against interracial dating or marriage. But in dc? Where you got a plurarlity black options? That's silly.

And I know this is my biases and my prejudices coming into play. I'm aware of that. It irrationally feels personal. There's so many black men that won't give black women the time of day, and that's disheartening. And to get to THAT part of the human experience and be like "this is the one I'm rolling with".

I say this as a person that dated anyone of any body type and race that was around. As long as they were good people I was good with that. But that was in different cities with significantly different demographics and culture than DC.

And logically I know I shouldn't care. I KNOW that each persons relationship is their own and not mine, and each person is entitled to be an individual. Logically I know all of this. But something just felt off the whole experience.

I don't know. I can't call it.