Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectdap to you (4 real)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13189368&mesg_id=13240952
13240952, dap to you (4 real)
Posted by Selah, Thu Mar-08-18 11:41 AM
thanks for the discourse

you said some things that indicate a misunderstanding of the point(s) I was making (e.g. "black people can't do the oscars..) but that stuff is minor

FINAL SAY FROM ME:

I'm not picking a side

I like Haddish, and I ain't mad at her, or anything she has done (so far)

I am MUCH more interested in how we "get through this thing called life" (c) prince

its hard navigating through all this externally and internally imposed stuff

yet, while a lot of it IS messed up, I don't think "everybody dowhatchalike" works... there has to be SOME kind of standard or else chaos reigns

i don't like a whole bunch of specific folks. Truth be told, I think if we are gonna use the terms then thomas, clarke, freakin-steve-harvey, child-molester-a$$-r-kelly, and larry i-hate-that-bastid-for-real elder are bigger "coons" (sellouts, uncle toms) than haddish has been PRIMARLY because of the widespread detriment their behavior causes

haddish tells raunchy jokes in a loud-a$$ hoodcat way (pretty much all of us have at least one of those directly related to us, or at worst have seen it)

I'm not shamed of/by that - and I really don't care what ofays do with it because they gone foe regardless

but there gotta be a line

you modeling some self-destructive behavior? ... cant fade you

likewise, for those who do inverted "respectability politics" but then INVOKE "respectability politics" as a weapon against the ones OF US you don't like: I legit think you (holla hitdog) are part of the problem

now i'm off the soapbox. thanks again for helping move the needle of (my) understanding forward