Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectbless your heart.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13181502&mesg_id=13182071
13182071, bless your heart.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Aug-08-17 10:27 AM
you tried to say something there. i don't know what it was.

1. the stigma is overblown.

2. b/c herpes infection ain't shit but a damn cold or maybe chicken pox at worst.

3. ppl who have herpes shouldn't have any legally imposed duty to disclose.

4. ppl who have herpes should avoid having sex during an outbreak if they want to minimize risk of transmission.

5. ppl who are out here fucking who don't want to catch herpes should LOOK AT THEIR PARTNERS' JUNK and ask questions if they're concerned about what they see.

6. ppl who are out here fucking who don't want to catch herpes should consider asking their partners if they're infected.

7. the stigma makes it hard for ppl to disclose herpes infection. b/c of all the pearl clutching and 'i don't want to have sex w/anyone who has herpes'. b/c ppl don't understand herpes infection - how it happens or what the experience of infection is like. the stigma just has them judging and pearl clutching. so ppl who have herpes whether they're in an outbreak or not don't want to disclose b/c they fear they won't get laid.

8. if ppl were more educated about herpes - what it is and how it's transmitted and what the infection does and doesn't do - then i think there'd be less pearl clutching and judgment.

9. but it's easier to remain willfully ignorant about herpes and to judge those who have it. b/c that stigma is deeply rooted in our sex negative culture.

10. have i been clear?