Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI lived there from 2010-2014
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13181283&mesg_id=13181677
13181677, I lived there from 2010-2014
Posted by 1-UP, Mon Aug-07-17 03:17 PM
My girlfriend and I relocated from Denver to Seattle in late 2014 and we still have a lot of close friends there. We always preferred Capitol Hill for living - but some other areas that are cool are Wash Park (we also lived there for a year), the highlands, and since we have moved the Rino district seems to have boomed a bit. Actually if you are into graffiti - this whole area is tagged up and is considered the art district. Also lots of breweries, food, etc..

The tech center area kind sucks, so don't live there haha. I worked an exit down from there pretty much the entire time that I was there. Its isolated from the city and nothing fun really happens there. Its very sterile - lots of conservative business people, tea party types, and super wack suburban moms.

As far as Denver goes - the music scene is awesome, the mountains are beautiful, and the weed industry is poppin. Its also cool how much of a transplant city it is. Its fairly easy to make friends there since so many people just moved there too. Just beware of the salty locals with their passive aggressive "no vacancy" bumper stickers. Its a strange attitude to have as a city, but again - they are outnumbered by transplants so its cool.

I never planned to move until we had a good opportunity to relocate with the job that I had at the time. Leaving was one of the hardest things that I've had to do. I love the PNW, but certainly have days where I miss Colorado.

It should be a good move - good luck!