Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHelp me to understand something internet/data/speed related please.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13167766&mesg_id=13167766
13167766, Help me to understand something internet/data/speed related please.
Posted by FLUIDJ, Thu Jun-22-17 06:05 AM
I used to know this shit....but evidently my brain decided it needed the storage space for more important things.....

So I got FiOS right? Right.
My package is the 50/50 Mbps which in my opinion seems just fine. I came up on Kbps speeds and thought I was in heaven when I finally got DSL back in the day....

Right now my router says I have around 12 devices connected and using internet typically. This includes 2 Laptops, 2 phones, A few Amazon Alexa (Echo & Echo Dots), An Amazon Fire Stick, a Chromecast, A couple of Nest Thermostats, a Philips Hue system, an iSmart security camera, a couple of Tablets...I think that covers it...

Anyway...so i'm paying OUT THE ASS for this FiOS bundle that I know isn't even their top tier.... i'm talking $175/month for 50/50 Mbps; Telephone (which I don't even need or use); HD package standard & I pay an extra $10 for HBO. My "package price" is $99...but my monthly bill is $175....

Anyway...riddle me this....they trying to tell me I need faster speed internet because i use so many devices... That's Bullshit right??? It's all about the router I thought....and I have their Quantum Router which is supposed to be the bees knees....