Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFam, you just completely changed what you said. Don't blame me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13164105&mesg_id=13237573
13237573, Fam, you just completely changed what you said. Don't blame me
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sun Feb-25-18 08:50 PM
for pointing it out.

>creating strawmen and putting words in my mouth is a lazy way
>to find something to debate about. but for the record-

Yeah I didn't do that. It'll be easy to prove, given your response tho.

>-i dont use hotep as a perjorative

I didn't say you did. I said it happened in a post that you made. You also participated in the comments of said post and further disparaged Carnell. Apparently no part of you found it necessary to speak out against the "hotep" attack, so it really doesn't matter if you said it or not when your post was the launching pad. Integrity ain't always passive.

>-lol at white backing. no one went to see BP thinking of
>'white backing'. ppl werent dressed up because disney was
>involved.

I very much beg to differ, and I'll use your latter comments to show you exactly why.

>-show me where i said those academics are 'doing nothing'. my
>comment was that coogler put panafricanism and a huge black
>pride moment on display for the whole world.

No sir, let's not change what you said now. You said "coogler did more to reignite panafricanism than anything since mandela's release 30 years ago." Since you're not sticking to that, I won't call it a lie... I'll just say you misspoke, as you seem to realize that now.

>i went to egypt
>with tony browder and his niece. all those scholars and
>educators are doing important work. great. yet, what is
>obvious to all the rest of us, is that it is not even in the
>same lane as the cultural impact of 15 million black kids
>experiencing a (very general) concept of panafricanism, maybe
>for the 1st time, all at once in dozens of countries, on
>massive movie screens and dolby surround sound. the power of
>art, media, and storytelling is massive.
>
>a $200M movie with true panafrican/afro-multicultural cast,

What's going on at the core here though? You're talking about big budgets and popular culture. If you understand the wealth data, not only of the average Black person but even in Hollywood, you know we just don't have the budget that white folks have. This has just always been America's setup. So when you talk about "omg dolby surround sound, reaching the globe, 200 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET, etc" sir, you are talking about white backing. It's not like we haven't tried to get stuff like this off the ground. We don't have the budget, marketing, etc... and we don't come out and support US so that we can build it. We supported this because... white backing. More people know about this than any low-budget Black film, because of white backing. Please tell me that you understand how finances are a huge part of racism, sir. Niggas talking about they "feel seen" now because white backing (seen by white companies of course).

>and collective pride/excitement before anyone had even seen
>the actual film, and your counter is dr ben and marimba ani?
>wut.

Stop playing dumb already. That was part of my response to you saying ""coogler did more to reignite panafricanism than anything since mandela's release 30 years ago."

>if u want to know what
>hilarious things i saw that ppl were mad abt, just ask.

If you want people to know what you mean, you will say. Otherwise, you're playing the same passive role you played in the Carnell/Watkins post.