Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI love the Aliens universe so I enjoyed this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13158666&mesg_id=13158830
13158830, I love the Aliens universe so I enjoyed this
Posted by Paps_Smear, Mon May-22-17 06:42 AM
If you just think the concept is cool I can understand why some people wouldn't. Some folks just wanted a repeat of Alien and Aliens, some wanted another Prometheus. If you didn't mind a combination of the two then the movie wasn't that bad.

Honestly its the third best movie with Alien in the title. No way you would put Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection ahead of this. As far as ranking for me it would go.

Alien (Aliens)
Aliens (Alien)
*seriously those two switch up so much for me*
Alien: Covenant
Alien 3
Prometheus
Alien Resurrection
AvP: Requiem
AvP: Steaming pile of shit (the first one)

I really wish they would have gone with the Steve Parry novels from back in the day as a follow up to Aliens. Those were pretty damn good and followed up 10 years after. Hicks, a grown up Newt, and an Ellen Riply who has seen some shit! After Alien 3 was released they had to change the names of Hicks and Newt in the books to Wilks and Billie.

My personal timeline goes like this
Alien
Alien: Isolation (video game)
Aliens
Alien Book 1: Earth Hive
Alien Book 2: Nightmare Asylum
Alien Book 2: Female War

If you're a big fan give those a shot and if you're not a gamer then you can follow the cut scenes on youtube. It follows Riplys daughter who is mentioned in the film, she tries to find her mother and shit hits the fan, there is one Alien like in the first movie and its her trying to survive.

TL;DR: Covenant was good.